Chapter 20

The puppies ran away behind the tree, as animals seem to sense danger, they knew it's no good to stay here

The puppies ran away behind the tree, as animals seem to sense danger, they knew it's no good to stay here. Being young pups, their retreat was a bit slow.

The thud of the bag hitting the ground filled in the air as he let go of it from his grasp. His hand then found it's way in his pocket with only his thumb peeking out.

Sukuna took another bite of the chocolate, his gaze shifting from the treat to the girl cowering before him.

"Hm, this is quite good. No wonder you keep eating these." he remarked, as his eyes were fixated on the girl who was on the ground in front of him.

She looked up at him as her heart beat raced. Attempting to crawl back slightly in a futile effort to distance herself, she drew in deep breaths, her body betraying her.

Her mind flooded with thoughts.

"Huh? H-How did he gain..gain control?"

"Again..!?"

"Does that mean Yuji can't control him?"

"Does Yuji know this?"

"How is this even possible!!?"

Their positioning seemed perfect, he stood before her, casting a towering shadow and gazing down, asserting his superiority. Meanwhile, she gazed up at him with fear and panic, a sign of inferiority for her.

"Hah, you look so pathetic." he taunted as a malevolent smirk formed on his face.

Y/N gulped, her body trembling even more, breaths deepening. Her mind replayed the unsettling memories of what he had done to her.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy that. Besides I know how you looked at my abs the other day." he mentioned as if he just read her mind.

Y/N's brows furrowed, focused on him as she tries to remember what he meant.

"Oh..I-" she thought as she recalled the time when her and Megumi waited for Yuji to return safely. The time Sukuna ripped the uniform and she stole a glance at his abs, also the time when he ripped her precious Yuji's heart out.

Y/N averted her gaze, feeling embarrassed. She hadn't expected this man to actually notice that. It wasn't like she was intentionally looking at him that way, it just happened.

It's a human instinct to steal a glance at anything attractive, and that's precisely what occurred. However, she wasn't any attraction to him or maybe she didn't want to acknowledge his looks because of what he is. At the end, it wasn't something she intended. Sukuna, of course, knew this and just toyed with her.

Y/N's mind and emotions, disordered. Confusion with the realization that he was in control, terror emerged, fueled by the fear of he might do that to her again or hurt her in general. Recognizing her vulnerability, panic consumed her, unsure of how to navigate the situation. Embarrassment filled the last slot of her current emotions, a result of his unsettling remarks.