Chapter 23

Y/N and Yuji decide to visit Junpei in the evening, but before that, they learn about the commotion at the high school and Yuji insists on looking into the matter despite Ijichi's misgivings.

"Yuji, you shouldn't go! You should listen to Mr. Ijichi!" Y/N tries to stop Yuji.

"Y/N, Mr. Ijichi I'm sorry." Yuji promptly moves past them.

"You know what? I'm coming with you!" Y/N follows Yuji.

Yuji stops in his tracks and turns around to face her.

"Y/N, it's risky. Don't join me!" Yuji warns.

"If you're going then I am too! It's dangerous for you too Yuji. Remember the Cursed Spirit Mr. Nanami mentioned? What if you encounter it!? We can't let you be in danger!" Y/N declares.

"I know but that patch work has nothing to do with this! I'm confident I won't encounter that curse. Y/N, I'm concerned about you, and I don't want you to face any danger ." Yuji said.

"I don't want you to face any danger either! If you're going, I'm coming with you." She stands firm in her decision.

After a while, Yuji sighed and reluctantly agreed since Y/N didn't seem to back down. They made their way to the high school.

Upon entering, Y/N and Yuji discover Junpei attacking a schoolboy. The boy was suspended in the air with his head tilted back.

"What are you doing Junpei?!" Yuji shouts.

"Oh my Gosh! You're gonna kill him Junpei!" Y/N exclaimed loudly.

"Step aside, Jujutsu Sorcerers." Junpei declares, directing his gaze toward them.

They looked at him, he had a uninterested face on, with hands casually tucked in his pockets. Abruptly, a giant jellyfish like creature appeared behind him.

Yuji sprinted towards Junpei, while Y/N hesitated, contemplating whether approaching was wise. Despite her reservations, she followed Yuji.

"Junpei!" Yuji exclaimed.

"Why are you doing this!?" Y/N questioned.

"This has nothing to do with you, so step aside!" Junpei cleared as he glanced at Y/N and Yuji.

"That's not for you to decide." Yuji responded glancing at Junpei with a determined yet a concerned look.

"You asked for it." Junpei declares as the jellyfish-like creature hovers right in front of him, and he assumes a fighting stance.

In an instant, the shikigami attacks Yuji, who successfully blocks each strike and counterattacks, but it seems unaffected. The impact forces Yuji to slide back.

"Junpei we cou-" before Y/N could finish the jellyfish shikigami charges at her. She manages to evade it by jumping back. As she repositions herself slightly away from the two, the shikigami attacks again, its tentacles striking her left forearm.

"Argh..! OW!" She hits the ground, examining her arm and noticing a few purple patches. Gripping her arm, she winces in pain.

"Y/N!" Yuji exclaimed. But before he could approach her, the shikigami attacked him.

Along with the shikigami, Junpei started to throw punches at Yuji. Whenever Yuji tried to hit him, he instantly went inside the jellyfish shikigami which made Yuji's attack unaffected.

They make their way fighting and running up some floors, leaving Y/N alone at the ground floor of the school.

Y/N continued to wince in pain as she observed that the purple patches are now beginning to spread across her arm. This concluded her assumption of that it was indeed poison.

Y/N's mind flooded with thoughts as she tried to think about what she could do to stop the poison from spreading.

Irritation and pain surged, causing sharp breaths. Vision blurred, consciousness waning, she gasped and shook her head, determined to think.

The place had a stage and a few basketball hoops. She realised that she was in the gymnasium. In an instant, as her gaze fell upon few lockers peeking through the door, her mind lit up.

She forced herself to get up, holding her infected arm. Slowly shuffling, she made her way towards the lockers.

With each step, the her weakened limbs strained under the weight of exhaustion. The pace now reduced to at a snail's pace, she approached the locker with visible discomfort.

Fatigue painted her face with weariness as she extended trembling arms to grasp the locker handle.

Opening the locker, she weakly shuffled through everything, unable to find anything, her hand slowly made it's way towards the other locker handles.

She continued to look, after what it felt like ages, she found nothing but a long, brief breadth and slender fabric. She grabbed it and looked at it, struggling to come up with a solution with just that piece of cloth.

She proceeded to think till she finally found a solution. She began to tie the cloth tightly above the infected area, as it would help preventing the spread of poison in other parts of her body.

She heard a loud thud noise, she immediately knew it was cause Yuji and Junpei. Attempting to move, her weakened body failed her.

Already low strengthen than her fellow sorcerers, this vulnerability allowed the poison to quickly engulf her.

She struggled and battled her way to get up, she couldn't. Crawling to the nearest wall, she pressed her both hands against it and attempted to stand. Applying considerable pressure on the wall, she eventually succeeded. She stood, and her maximum body weight was on the wall.

With caution, she took baby steps, advancing towards the stairs. As soon as she reached the stairs, she heard another sound, sound of glass shattering.

She got herself together, she ignored the pain and sped up her steps, the echoes of her grunts resonating. Sharply inhaling, she climbed the staircase and made her way through the school hallway. She then hurriedly took a turn.

Upon turning what she witnessed, horrified her. A massive arm pinned Yuji on the wall. About to shift her gaze to the owner, Junpei caught her attention first, then finally the owner. Meeting eyes with the owner, the eerie grin, made her feel unpleasant as she immediately recognised who it was.