Chapter 5

Y/N squirmed around slightly after a few moments, her eyes shot open and she sat up. She looked around trying to process what happened, her vision blurry.

She rubbed her eyes, gradually returning to reality. As her vision cleared, she realized she was on a bed in an unfamiliar place. "Huh?" she exclaimed.

Suddenly, a weird looking fly approached her. It was a mix of yellow and green, with a stinger larger than itself on its back, and its eyes were mismatched - one significantly larger than the other. In an instant, a swarm of them joined the first.

She didn't like bugs at all, but was this really a bug?

"AAHHHH!! OH MY GOSH", she screamed.

A man heard her cry out and smirked thinking, "Oh she's awake.".
He walked over to the room she was in.

Observing her, she was covering herself with the blanket which he put on her when he brought her here, her hands gripping the edge of the blanket as she lifted it up till her nose.

He chuckled, "You weren't lying, you really can see them."

Y/N's gaze shifted to the door where the man stood, he was wearing black tees and grey sweatpants paired up with rectangular sunglasses, his hands casually in his pockets. She recognized him.

"AH! Gogo!! Get these things out of here!" she pleaded, curling herself into the bed.

Gojo let out a small laugh as he heard her say his name incorrectly.

"Only if you say my name correctly."

"Gogo, isn't that your name?!" she asked looking at him. Gojo shook his head.

"Gomo!"

"No."

"Jogo!"

"No."

"...?"

"Gojo!", she exclaimed, finally.

He smiled, walking closer to the bed, capturing all the flying creatures in a transparent box. Placing the box on the nightstand, he sat on the bed.

Y/N watched him, as he store the things in, she relaxed herself. Resting her hands on her thighs. She knew he was gonna say something.

"Y/N, right?" he asked, and she nodded.

"So, when did you start seeing curses?" Gojo inquired.

"Curses," she thought, confirming that these were indeed called "Curses."

"Yesterday was my first time. I've never encountered anything like that, or anything abnormal, in general," she explained.

"What do you do?" he asked.

Glancing at him, she replied, "Why would I tell you?"

Gojo chuckled, "Well, technically I saved you. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be alive."

"And how is that?" she inquired.

"The Curse, he would have killed you," he stated.

"I'm pretty sure these so-called Curses wouldn't hurt unless you provoked them." she said confidently, unaware of how naive she sounded.

"You sure don't know much about them. Besides, I know you're weak," Gojo teased, chuckling.
Y/N stared at Gojo for a few seconds, recalling something.

"Women and children are crawling everywhere like maggots. Marvellous. It'll be a massacre."

The words from the shirtless guy, the curse. She grew uncomfortable, realizing that Gojo wasn't lying – he had indeed saved her.

"I'm currently working as a cashier at Matcha Delight Cafe," she stated abruptly.

Gojo didn't question her abrupt change, but instead asked another question, "Do you live alone or with your parents? I mean, you're quite young to be working."

"I live alone," she replied.

"Oh? So where are your parents?" Gojo asked.

Y/N fell silent. Gojo looked at her for a few seconds.

"Oh, sorry, sorry if I'm getting too personal, haha," he said playfully, attempting to ease the discomfort.

"What about friends? Do you want to call anyone over to help you? I mean, you won't really need one since I'm here," he offered.

"Friends? Hah, only if she were here," she thought.

"I'm fine," she said, giving off dull and sad aura. Gojo noticed, but he didn't comment. Y/N looked down, fidgeting with her fingers.

While Gojo watched her, he could tell she had experienced some unfortunate events. It was clear to him that she didn't have anyone looking out for her; no parent would allow their child out at such a late hour especially a girl of her age, and she would have hesitated before entering that isolated area. Her aura and actions were enough to confirm that.

"Did this girl even think about herself?"

After a few moments of silence, Gojo asked, "I want to ask you something."

"Hm?" she looked up at him.

"I am a teacher, I can see you have potential.", he stated.

"And? You want me to enroll at the school you teach in?", she questioned.

"Yes," he smirked, as she had immediately caught on to his intentions.

"And what makes you think i will agree on something like that?" she asked.

"Well, you're definitely not at the age for a boring life of just working, and I'm pretty sure you'll come to love everyone there," he said with a fond smile, recalling his students.

"I don't see any positives in studying there," she exclaimed.

"And we're also going to provide dorms," Gojo added.

"Oh, that still doesn't make a difference," she remarked.

Y/N only studied till she was at the age of 16, she didn't get to study after that as she was more focused on her job. It's not like she liked either of it, but job really was something she did cause she had no other choice.

But was this school really worth considering?

"Well, you decide. I'll give you my number, and if you change your mind, you can let me know," he offered.

Gojo inputted his number into her phone, then mentioned she could freshen up while he would drop her off at her house, she agreed.

After Y/N finished, she walked out from the bedroom and approached Gojo, who sat on the couch with his legs apart and both his hands resting on the top of the couch with a big smile on his face.

"I'm done. Let's go," she said.

Gojo smiled and watched her head toward the door, then rose to follow her.

He walked beside her for a moment. "Why are you so annoyed?" he asked, hands in his pockets.

"Your smirk. It's annoying," she replied, and he let out a chuckle.

After a few seconds of walking, they arrived at a car. Gojo gestured for her to hop in. They settled in, and Gojo drove, dropping her off at her place.