Chapter 1

Y/N had no family, no memories of her past, and no one to call her own. She was an orphan.

At the orphanage, Y/N didn't have any friends. The other kids had already made close groups before she was brought in, leaving her by herself.

She was a single drop of water in an endless drought. Except for one person - her shining star, her best friend, Mitsuki.

It all began when they were just seven years old. Mitsuki's parents were kind souls, always extending a helping hand to those in need. They often donated old clothes and books to the orphanage. Sometimes, they would bring Mitsuki along, a bright spark of a girl.

One fateful day, Y/N and Mitsuki met, two souls destined to find each other in this vast world. Instantly, they connected, their laughter and whispers filling the air. When it was time for Mitsuki to leave, tears welled up in her eyes.

She clung to Y/N, uttering a soft plea, "Please, don't forget me."

"i won't, Suki." Y/N responded with a innocent smile.

Mitsuki's face cheered up upon hearing the nickname and hugged her tightly.

Mitsuki's parents exchanged a knowing glance, their hearts moved by the bond forming before them. They promised to return, to reunite the two spirits. With a final wave, Mitsuki's followed her parents, leaving Y/N behind, but not alone.

In the middle of it all, there was Hana, the caretaker who couldn't help but feel empathy for Y/N. She witnessed the young girl's struggles and yearning for connection, and did her utmost to offer comfort. However, the demands of the orphanage often put them in different directions, limiting the time between them.

Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. The routine became a ray of hope for Y/N. Every weekend, Mitsuki and her family would return, deepening their bond.

The moments they spent together were cherished like precious gems. They explored, they laughed, they shared secrets that only best friends could know. Through it all, their bond grew stronger, unbreakable.

As the seasons changed, so did they. They faced life's trials, hand in hand, finding comfort in their shared moments of joy and sorrow. In each other, they discovered the missing pieces of their hearts.

As the years passed, Y/N's bond with Mitsuki's family grew stronger. Mitsuki had a longing feeling.

One day while sharing their usual conversations, Mitsuki decided to let her best friend know about it.

"I have an idea!", Mitsuki burst out excitedly.

"Oh? What is it that your little brain's holding?",
Y/N responded playfully.

"What if....we become sisters like ACTUAL sisters!?", Mitsuki replied with anticipating a reaction of joy from her friend.

"Sisters...? How?", Y/N's brow furrowed in confusion.

But then, in a sudden burst of realization,

"Wait... you mean...", she said ecstatically.

"Yes, that is EXACTLY what i mean!", her best friend mirrored her excitement.

Mitsuki gathered the courage and approached her parents with the idea of adopting Y/N, while Y/N waited for her to come back with a glimmer of hope in her heart. Oh she would finally have a family.

Her parents gave her a sorrowful look, they would have loved to but, their financial limitations casted a shadow over their hopes.

It was heartbreaking but..it was inevitable.

Now, at fifteen, Y/N learned about the opportunity to leave the orphanage at the age of eighteen, provided she had a job and the means to sustain herself. Determination coursed through her veins, and she approached the caregiver, Hana with her request.

"Please Hana i really want to leave this orphanage ! i wanna live by myself and find a purpose to live!",
Y/N said with a pleading voice.

"No dear, you cannot, you're still really young and I don't wanna risk anything!
I will not allow you to do something like that!", Hana exclaimed with worry.

Y/N's desperation grew. "But I really need to! Staying here... it feels like I'm just existing, like I have no purpose. I need to do something."

"No.", said Hana firmly.

"But i-"

Before Y/N could argue further Hana cut her off,

"I won't put you in a position where you're vulnerable, especially at this age. There are many dangers out there. You're still inexperienced. Focus on your studies for now. You can start working when you turn eighteen."

"That will be too late! i can't waste my time! i need to get out of this place and find a purpose! The sooner I start, the better the outcome. I'll start small. Please, Hana? I need you to understand."

After heartfelt plea, Hana finally agreed.

Together, they scoured the town for job opportunities. After countless searches, they stumbled upon a quaint shop run by a kind elderly couple. Y/N embraced the chance, finding comfort and ease in the simple place. Her work journey began from there.

She worked hard and with dedication. Her only aim was to gain experience and finally at the age of eighteen, find a job which she could actually sustain herself.

Three years later, She was on the edge of becoming an adult, now working as a cashier at a bustling restaurant. The job not only provided for her daily needs but also enhanced her savings from which she bought a phone, just a month back.

With newfound confidence, Y/N embarked out to find a place to call her own.

Her eyes fell upon a three-story building, a sign that read, "A PLACE FOR RENT." Excitement bubbled within her as she met the middle-aged landlady, who welcomed her warmly.

The day finally arrived when Y/N could bid farewell to the orphanage, armed with determination and the knowledge that her guardian, Hana was just a call away if she ever needed her. She settled into her new abode, adorning it with touches of her own personality.

Y/N and Mistsuki, inseparable for over a decade, found their bond growing stronger with each passing year. They shared secrets, dreams, and laughter, their connection was unbreakable.

With her new apartment settled in the same street as Mitsuki's, Y/N couldn't wait to share the news. Dialing her best friend's number, excitement bubbled in her chest as she recounted her journey from the orphanage to her very own place.

"Suki, guess what? I'm out of the orphanage and now I'm in an apartment just down the street from you!" Y/N's voice brimmed with joy.

Mitsuki's gasp of delight echoed through the phone, their shared triumph ringing in her ears. "Y/N, that's amazing! I can't believe it! We're practically neighbors now!"

The invitation was extended, a promise of even more cherished moments together. They would navigate this new chapter of their lives side by side.

Everything was going well, Y/N's routine was waking up, getting fresh preparing breakfast and leaving for work.
After returning somedays she spent her time with Mitsuki, cherishing every moment.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, she received a call in the midst of her shift. It was Suki. Startled, Y/N picked up, only to be greeted by an unfamiliar voice.

"Are you Miss Mitsuki's close person?" the voice inquired.

"Yes, I'm her friend. Who are you?" Y/N responded, curiosity tinged with concern.

The man's voice wavered, delivering words that pierced through the phone's receiver,

"Miss, I am sorry for your loss."