New Beginnings

Bluey and Kenzie are 7 in this chapter

Mackenzie

I got to school on a more sour day, thinking of my best friend, Bluey Heeler. Her and I have been inseparable since that day of playing barky boats. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel good when I'm around her.

I was dropped off at school by my mom, "Bye Mackenzie have a good day!" She called, "Bye mom!"

I raced to where Bluey and I would meet up every day, like always, she was there!

"Kenzie!" The Blue Heeler hugged me, "Morning Bluey!" She smiled at me, and took me by the arm, "Let's go play!" She dragged me on, laughing with me.

Her and I began to play barky boats, we were having fun until Bluey got a splinter from the wood.

*Yip!*

"Bluey you okay?" I asked, she held out her paw, the splinter was lodged in her paw pretty far. "Cmon, we'll go find Calypso." I picked her up, she laughed at me, "I can walk Kenzie!"

"Oh... Right." I let her down. "Thank you though." She told me, I rubbed my neck, "No problem."

Calypso was inside, when we found her, she took out pliers. Bluey asked if she could hold my paw with hers, I reluctantly agreed.

*Yip!*

The splinter was out. Bluey had gotten a bandage from Calypso and Bluey kept trying to lick the injured location.

"Bluey don't do that." I told her, "It'll hurt you paw more later on." She stopped, "It hurts now though!" I gave her a hug, "Just please don't, I don't want you to be hurting later, it's best to let it heal." She was a bit surprised at my actions, as was I.

"Okay Kenzie, I won't." We released the hug, and went back outside.

After the day was done, Mum had gotten a call from Blueys Mum.

"Mackenzie? Can you come here please?" She asked, "Yes mum?" I sat down on the couch, and she told me about the call.

"Bluey Mum called, apparently you helped Bluey today with a splinter?" She asked, "Yes Mum, I did." I told her.

I looked down and smiled, remembering Bluey and I's day, I couldn't stop thinking about the Blue Heeler.

"Mackenzie" Mum put her paw on my shoulder, "You've done well. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Mum, Love you" I told her and went to bed.

I can't get Bluey out of my head... What's up with me?