Chapter 7: This is a devastating mission

ابدأ من البداية

"Right, I suppose you're a little space princess?" She asked as I got up and tried to shoot her back with a beam, which she dodged. "Exactly." I said as I dodged another punch. She laughed again as she threw more punches, which I tried my best to dodge. "You have a lot of stamina, kid." Devastation said as she began to breathe more heavily and let her punches get sloppier. "I try my best." I said as I kicked her in the face, sending her back. She didn't get up as quickly this time, her energy was running low.

"What's wrong, tired?" I asked as she charged at me again, to which I threw up a shield and she landed on her back. She groaned as she got up, and threw more punches at my shield. "I hate your accent more than I hate the twin's." She said as she punched as hard as she could. "Thank you." I said as a smile appeared on my face when I noticed how slow and weak her punches were.

I quickly threw down my shield, made a fist, charged up the biggest beam energy I had into it, and threw it straight into her gut. A cloud of dust appeared as soon as I made contact, and the ground shook as I put all my power into forcing her back. She flew backwards and rolled, and didn't get back up. I let out a sigh of relief, and turned to Junior, who was still in the bubble, his jaw opened in shock

"Who-who did you say you were?" He quietly asked, and I sat down, breathing heavily. "I told you, Volt." I said as I turned to him with a smile on my face. "Well Volt if you ever need a date I'm very much available-" He began a smirk appearing on his face, but was quickly washed away as I heard footsteps and he glared at the oncoming person. "Hey," I heard Jaime's voice as he knelt down in front of me, "You okay amiga?" He asked as Karen flew over and grew to full size.

I nodded 'yes', as I was still breathing heavily. "You did really well Clo." Karen said as she looked around. "Hey, we got here as fast as we could-woah." Wally said as he sped up next to us, the rest of the team not far behind. "Did you do all of this?" Nightwing asked me as I was standing up, with the help of Jaime. I was pretty sure I had some broken bones. "Uh, yeah, why?" I asked, preparing to be yelled at. Nightwing opened his mouth to say something, but Wally interrupted.

"Because it's amazing! Look at this! You took down both Devastation and Junior! Who cares about the damage, this is fantastic!" He said as he sped around the pair, and Junior glared at him from the bubble. "Can you get him out of there?" Artemis asked me as she pointed to the bubble Junior was in. "You better!" He screeched. I nodded and turned to Jaime. "Can you use the staple gun to hold him down?" I asked and he nodded. "Ready?" I said, he nodded, and I dropped the bubble. Jaime quickly stapled both Juniors arms and legs to the ground.

"Done." I said and turned to Nightwing, who smiled and nodded. "Do we just leave them or...?" I asked. "I've already called the police. Good job team, report back to the cave for a debrief." Aqualad said through the link. I quickly went and dragged over Devastation's unconscious body next to Junior, and began to walk away. "So when are you going to ask him out?" Junior asked and I turned to face him.

"Excuse me?" I said as I crossed my arms. "You heard me princess. The blue kid. It's obvious you like him." He said as a grin leaked across his face. "Is it obvious?" I asked him, a bit of concern leaking onto my face. Junior's grin got bigger. "It wasn't until I just saw your face. So when?" He asked. I smiled and turned away. "We'll see, catch you later Junior. And I can feel your eyes staring at my ass, quit it!" I yelled as I turned to him, and red flushed his blue face.

As I walked back to the alley the zeta tube was in, I was thinking about Jaime. I hoped I wouldn't be the one to ask him out.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

    "You did well Chloe, I think the Corps will accept the current evidence I have. Don't worry, I cut out the bad parts." John said as he showed me and the rest of the team the videos of me fighting Devastation and Junior that he had captured. "Thank you, Green Lantern." I said. He smiled at me. "Please, call me John." He said as he stuck out his hand, and I shook it.

    "From what I can remember, you were a pretty good kid when the Helmans weren't... it doesn't matter," He said as he waved his hand at the thought, "But I would suggest trying to get your memories back soon in case the Corps wants to bring you them back for questioning or worse.". I nodded. After that, he zetaed away, along with Black Canary.

    Then M'gann spoke up. "I think I might have a way to help with your memories, but it involves a lot of telepathic power." She said, as I turned to her. "What would you do?" I asked. "I would have to try and dig deep into your mind. Like really deep, but I think it might work." She said, nervously. I smiled. "Let's do it." I said, and she smiled back.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Don't forget to comment and vote! Hope you're enjoying!