The Dream

"You're going?"

Dominic nodded his head.

"I'm not going to sit around with all this energy," He said, his eyes glowing, "It's...what I want to do,"

Mothra nodded.

"Farewell, my kin," She took a moment to say it, knowing this would be the last goodbye, "I hope you...enjoy it,"

"Oh, I will," When Dominic stared at her, Mothra could tell he was smiling, "thank you,"

As he took to the air, Mothra wondered why he thanked her. Didn't she just tell him of his death? Why was he not in despair?

Whatever the case, she'll never know.

Mothra could only watch as Dominic soared into the distance.

Slowly forming into a speck.

Then nothing.

Dominic kept his head high, his green eyes glued to the beautiful blue sky.

'I never knew...the sky could be so pleasing to see,' He felt a pang of relief, then the surge of colossal energy flowing in his withering body, 'for the first time, in a long time, I feel good,'

Despite the bubbling cinders building in the green cracks and the dreading end that he forced into the back of his mind, Dominic sighed in satisfaction.

His wings began to glow.

Like a thunderstorm, bolts of green pulverised the sea below, shooting water into the air.

'Not yet,' Dominic looked forward, increasing his speed, 'there's no ash yet, no mist,'

Travelling across the ocean, he continued to fire at the water with his antennae and wings. Each attack helped loosen the tightening pressure in his chest.

'What's this?'

His gaze lowered, and Dominic noticed how he left a light, but present trail of some type of green fog.

'...' He flew faster, 'I must find a kaiju. Now.'

Weirdly enough, it may have been his perception of time, or Dominic was flying way faster than he should be going, but he found himself heading to another shore.

'Where's the crocodiles when you need them?' He shook his head, and continued to the right, 'The hell's Minus One!?'

"Gah!"

Dominic could feel his entire body rupture like an earthquake. He flew to the ground, trying to control his flight.

"Oh my word," After colliding with the earth, he took to the air right after.

With a trail of green tracing his irregular flying pattern, Dominic heard something.

It was faint but sudden.

The rumble of explosions, or footsteps? The ethereal call of a being.

Of two beings.

Dominic rushed once more.

He may have found his target.

In the far distance, in the middle of a desolate and empty plain of nothing, a gargantuan cloud of thick, grey smoke absorbed the air around it like a wildfire, growing in sheer space and intensity.

No more was there the cries of battle.

All was quiet. For a moment.

Before Dominic saw a head, torn off from its body.

He could tell from the liquid surrounding it.

'...Damn...'

That same head belonged to a very familiar kaiju.