Chapter 16

A man.

Before him, in the abyss, Darthra looked at a man in a bathroom. His head was low in the sink in front of him, his hands rummaging through his messy black hair. Darthra heard the tap of this sink running.

Something within him ticked.

This looked familiar. Where did he see this situation and when did it happen?

Why was he staring through a mirror?

The man on the other end splashed water on his face, rubbing it into his skin. He looked up.

A wave of shock swept Darthra's moth face.

'That's me...' He thought grimly, '...what I used to look like,'

"It's not over yet," The boy stared at the mirror, his wet eyes piercing into Darthra's, "you're not useless, you can make them proud,"

It clicked.

This was another memory of Darthra. Nothing new.

'It's a shame you'll never succeed,' He thought, watching the boy cry, 'and...become a giant moth after your death,'

The mirror warped, and not long after, Darthra awoke.

On a throne of devastation.

Ash and charcoal settled around what were wooden huts and corpses, the air was so thick, that Darthra almost choked. There were so many similarities between this and the aftermath of a battlefield.

Silent, with a story untold.

That was not all. As Darthra eyed the town, a voice faded into his head and jabbed itself into his skull.

"You've done well, but our cooperation ends here. May our aid push you to new heights..."

A heat rose within Darthra.

It encapsulated his very being and travelled throughout his system. What it paved the way for was this unbridled boiling that Darthra never felt before.

Strength.

Weirdly enough, as he lifted his moth body, Darthra knew there was something off. The weight of the armour was no more. It was gone. He checked his wings. No silver. The only gleam was of the waves crashing onto the shore of the burnt village.

Darthra moved around.

'Am I...bulkier?' His heart pumped, 'Oh my word,'

With every movement he made, Darthra felt like he needed to do something. The energy within him bounced around as if it were on a trampoline. He couldn't explain it, but he knew one thing.

'I feel stronger,' Darthra fluttered his wings, each swish exerting more power than he could ever imagine, 'stronger...'

A light switched on in his head.

Mecha-Mothra.

He fired into the air, his wings cannons against his sides as Darthra spun around and around, checking for his enemies.

One laid where it was before, limp. The other, Darthra saw pieces of its mechanical body strewn around in a set part of the village.

They were destroyed.

'I...did it...' He couldn't believe his blue innocent moth eyes, "YES!"

Darthra let out a victory screech.

In his energetic behaviour, he noticed the people below.

He almost froze, even the heat he felt halted for a moment.