Chapter 9

'Fuck...'

Dominic released a soft screech, still lying on the beach.

Doubt in his mind.

'I'm not going to fall apart at the start,' He thought, 'I won't turn into a used car or some junk. I'm not a piece of machinery,'

'I...won't...break.'

There was a ring in his hearing. His adorable appearance came to be this messed-up abomination.

'NO!' Dominic had realised his mistake, 'That's a massive red flag for anyone who will die!'

Even so, he couldn't help his panicked self.

'So what? This is far from a story with a beginning, middle and end,' There was a glint in his eye, 'I would sacrifice anything to become stronger.'

'If I had the behelit, who could I...'

In this world, there was no one he cared about.

'This isn't Berserk, idiot!'

Dominic shook his head, sand flying.

'No matter, I'd sacrifice myself then,' He thought, his mind deteriorating, 'My eyes, my antennae, my wings, my head, thorax, abdomen, hell, take my blood, take everything!'

'I'd do all of that to not be a failure,'

A wave splashed close. Dominic laughed.

'Look at me,' He turned, and walked to the other end of the beach, 'whimpering like a lost puppy. I'm better than that.'

Dominic looked at the ground in disappointment. Not the first time he ever did.

'What would my parents think of me?' He frowned, 'Probably try to sway the truth and soothe me with 'You can always try next time' or 'I'm still proud of you'.'

The beach hit its end.

He turned.

"Oh my word," Dominic muttered.

In the distance, he saw a formation of dark clouds.

'Whatever, I have rain to add to my failures,' His eyes widened, 'I'm still talking like I'm broken.'

Dominic shook his abdomen in frustration.

'That monologue was a massive red flag!' Dominic thought, 'Idiot,'

He decided to run through the little options he had.

'I have two weapons, but many weaknesses,' He looked at the ocean, 'No plot armour either, but a little luck,'

'Gojira looks cool like that,'

'Luck can't win against a giant lizard, what can I do?'

His gaze was straight.

Body? locked in place. The hairs on his skin stood on end. His heart nearly jumped out of his mouth. Dominic's wings battered the air with each vibration.

'What is that sound?' Slowly, he turned his head, 'I've heard this song before,'

The ground shook as Godzilla stomped, her reach of the shoreline grew smaller and smaller.

She grew bigger and bigger the closer she was.

Instinctually, Dominic tried to fly, but he couldn't move.

A weight, a towering mass of fear held him down, making any means of escape hopeless.

Dominic knew the only way out.

'S-Shit...' He thought, watching her body move effectively past the powerful waves, 'I must do this...'

'I'm afraid...but...'