Chapter 15

Darthra watched the two kaiju battle it out, staring intently.

He trembled.

Not because it was far away. Even for him, he could still see, being a giant moth and all.

It was because those two looked to be on their last.

'What should I do?' Darthra pondered,  watching the scene unfold, 'I could let those two fight...'

However, he felt a bit...unsatisfied.

Despite that, it was better, in his eyes.

Yet...

'If I can activate the armour again,'  He hovered in the air, 'I could take out both of them,'

That was a solid plan, but Darthra knew certainly that Minus One had good regeneration. Mecha-Mothra had a mean beam too.

Besides, could his weapons even have an effect?

'I can do this,' Without thinking, Darthra flew forward, 'I can-'

'Can I?'

At the last moment, he stopped.

'Damn it...STOP it, Darthra!' Darthra paused, 'Did I...really call myself Darthra instead of Dominic?'

He looked at the temple.

'Whatever,' Dartha thought, 'I'll let them fight it out,'

The sinister energy from the building gripped him once more. As he flapped closer, it intensified.

'What is in this place?' From the looks of it, the opening looked big enough for Dartha to fly in.

That was a possibility, so as he got in line to enter, a red beam of energy blasted past him, clipping his wing.

"ARGH!" He screeched, creating distance from the dark entrance.

Darthra checked his wing.

The slight sting of the heat was there, but it didn't interfere with his flight. The armour protected him.

'This means that I can-'

Something dark flew out of the space in the temple, letting out a cry.

He had chills.

'The red beam,'

As it flew around him, Darthra was surprised.

"Two?" he screeched, trying to keep his gaze on the Mecha, "Shit!"

Darthra flew into the sky, attempting to get better ground against his foe. Another red beam sliced his chest. Once again, the armour protected him, but not in the way he thought.

It scratched the surface, but that was enough to see blood.

As he fell, Darthra felt the excruciating pain of the wound, green blood falling with him like rain.

'I can beat it.'

This was the only thing he could think as he fell to the ground, the temple being the not-so-great cushion. Darthra grew limp, his wings covered the sides of the building.

A lump was caught in his throat. The outward appearance of the armour hid his true feelings within.

He heard a metallic screech.

Mecha-Mothra.

Darthra shook in terror as its antennae charged, red electricity cackling with menace. It made him realize something.

Instantly, his own antennae charged.

It was like a certain retaliation, a distant memory.

Two yellow beams bolted from Darthra, slamming into the metal body of his foe.