Chapter 12

As time flowed, so did the rain.

There was this weird revitalization within Darthra.

He exhaled. Over time, he felt his body fill to the brim with energy, and like a boiling kettle of water, some of this streamed out, as if to repair his lost wings.

Before he knew it, even after the rain cleared up, they were back.

'So weird,' He thought, his wings moving gently, 'the days passed so quickly, why am I not fazed?'

Darthra didn't mind.

Like promised, and because he wanted to, his wings flapped as if refilled by fuel. When he hovered in the air, Darthra screeched with vigour.

"I've missed this!" He couldn't help himself.

With that sorted, Dartha headed for Anguirus.

The flight was slow and forgiving, helping him settle within the constant motion of air.

Anguirus was finally in his sights.

As Darthra landed, his feet touched the smooth landscape, his wings fleeting dust into the air.

There was this strange glare from Anguirus before he nodded and broke into a chuckle. Darthra ignored it.

"Well, Well," He laughed, "look at you,"

"I know, right?" Darthra replied with a cheerful screech, raising his wings, "That's why I came to see you,"

Anguirus nodded with a sad frown.

"Well, didn't think you'd actually come and see me,"

Darthra nodded.

"Farewell," Anguirus greeted, "like I said before, hope your luck never runs out,"

"Yes," Darthra slowly moved his wings, "goodbye,"

"One more thing," This stopped him from flying, "this loss may have been temporary, but the darkness is eternal,"

Anguirus stared at him.

"Don't forget," He continued, "you may improve, but as you stare into the endless sea, one day, you will meet yourself in those depths,"

Darthra paused.

Why did that sound familiar?

"I understand," was all he said, his wings finally alive.

With a flap, and a screech, Anguirus watched Darthra ascend into the air before soaring away, the sun gleaming off his lightly coloured fur.

'What did he mean by that?' Darthra thought, flying at a gentle and slow pace, 'That stare, too...'

He looked forward, the horizon his only limit.

'I'm still stupid,' Darthra thought, watching the land move past him at a constant rate, 'I'm like an abandoned ship, I have no idea of where I'm going, nor have a goal in mind, but the current pushes me, the waves are my road to a neverending sea of twists and turns,'

He shook his head, 'Now I know I'm stupid,'

As he flew, Darthra enjoyed flying at a steady altitude, while he watched the land.

'What can be my goal?' He looked around, 'What can I achieve to make myself stronger?'

Minus One came to mind.

Darthra had a shiver go down from his head to his abdomen.

'It won't beat her, for that matter,' He frowned, 'I'll still be a failure,'