Chapter 7

Skin. Flesh. Exoskeleton.

As if thrust into an almighty storm, these things shuddered with such fury as the tail pulverised Dominic.

It sent him to the ground. He jumped a few times before skidding to a halt.

Swaths of trees were cut down, spoiling the perfect pattern of the natural environment.

"Ugh..." He groaned. Dominic attempted to get up.

His vision was blurry. His head pained. The world shook around him.

'Hurts...so much...'

A roar split the air.

"OH! SHIT!"

That brought him back from his knockout. Dominic hovered into the air, his wings flapped quickly.

He saw it.

Upon the beach, crawled a humongous creature. A crocodile? An alligator? Both? Who knows. Whatever it was, with its dark green, scaly hard skin, its large jaws of jagged teeth, its menacing eyes...

No matter, Dominic could feel his heart throb within him as this majestic beast flung sand around with its claws.

It was as if he froze in the air.

'Oh...my...word,' The creature sunk the shark carcass in between its jaws, 'this thing's huge,'

From the environment, Dominic could judge the size.

'A hundred or so meters in length,' He stared intently, 'tail included,'

Height? The creature stood taller than the trees not too far away.

As it swallowed the shark whole, Dominic felt a chill.

'W-What am I doing!?'

He turned around.

'I should-'

'Coward...'

'...' Dominic stopped and turned around again, 'this isn't...'

He nearly broke his head when the kaiju rumbled at him, flattening trees to an even greater extent.

Two beams crackled forward at the creature, exploding against its skin.

Nothing.

Dominic flew back in fright but didn't think to fly higher.

'Eyes, EYES!'

Before he knew it, his antennae glowed.

Another pair of beams fired down at the kaiju.

It groaned, throwing its head around.

'That...did that work?'

The creature looked back in rage.

'I forgot...'

Dominic's wings began to flap with power. Soon, a whirling wind rushed forward, even pressing the monster back.

His wings kept on.

Yet, the creature pushed forward.

With every step it took, the more struggle it went through.

Dominic could only panic and swing his wings as much as he could.

"No, g-go away!" He screeched.

If he was to combat against a creating Godzilla, a huge crocodile shouldn't be a problem.

This, however, spawned doubts within himself.

So much so, that Dominic couldn't react to the large tail.