Chapter 6

There were no monsters.

And no land.

'This ocean is large,' He thought, glancing at his wings, 'will I get tired?'

Dominic decided to do a survival check.

'Thirst? No. Hunger? No. Exhaustion? No.'

'Do I not get hungry anymore?'

If so, how did he get energy? Was Dominic like a plant and got it from the sun, or was he just starving without realizing it?

He must eat. At some point.

'Oh yeah, I never got that answer,' Dominic watched the passing waves as he flew by, 'I must see what I can eat with these mandibles,'

A wind brushed past him.

Dominic looked back. He didn't see those dark clouds even on the horizon. Perhaps he was a fast moth?

"Oh!"

He screeched in surprise.

On the horizon, a minuscule dot rose.

The more Dominic closed in, the bigger this dot got.

By the time he reached the shore, it was a whole landscape, stretching far out of view.

'Maybe I can rest,'

With a turn, Dominic descended upon the shoreline, landing on the sandy beach.

The air smelt of sea salt. A calm breeze pushed happily against him. The sand swallowed Dominic's feet in. That made him uneasy.

In fact, this whole place, with the noon sun in the sky, created a peaceful resting place.

If only Dominic was not so tense.

With his feet struggling in the sand, he looked around quickly, making sure there were no monsters.

'I should do something,' His heart pumped, 'right! There's a fricking Gojira after me,'

Dominic turned, moving through the sand at a slow pace.

He could see where the shoreline ended and tall, or small, trees stood, filling the land as it enlarged.

These trees watched Dominic as he tried to do what he was doing.

'Okay,' He stood there, his wings raised, 'how do I strengthen my powers?'

His blue eyes focused on a small dune of sand.

Dominic's antennae glowed yellow, surging with energy.

Two beams thundered down the sand.

CRACK!

The dune blew up.

Sand flew everywhere. Most landed back onto the beach, hiding amongst themselves.

'That's not going to kill a Gojira,' He thought, 'What about...'

Without hesitation, he hovered close to the ground, sand flying around his wings.

A forceful swing sent these grains far past the treeline.

'Back then, I felt something,' He looked at his wings, 'what was it?'

Dominic breathed in and out, waiting for a sign.

'Mmm,' His antennae came into view, 'perhaps...'

They glowed all the same.

However, they never fired.

As it happened,  Dominic felt he could do so much more.

"Urgh..." He groaned, trying to control whatever he was doing, 'What...w-will happen...if I...'