Chapter 18

LAGYAN NATIN WARNING PARA MAS EXCITING.

MATURED CONTENT AHEAD. MAY CONTAIN SALACIOUS SCENES AND EXPLICIT WORDS THAT MAY BE HARMFUL AND DISTURBING TO SOME READERS. IT IS INTENDED FOR MATURE READERS ONLY. DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

LEV

THE first blow was the most painful one followed by the cuts from the shrapnels. It hurts like a bitch and I can feel my right leg splitting up. Fire started to eat my pants and then it seeped through, burning my flesh.

I tried to swat it. Ignoring the awful smell of my burnt leg. My heart is hammering inside my chest, breath ragged as I run for the hill. My eyes were fixed on the front, where a lone figure was standing. On the fucking edge of the cliff!

Don't dare to move! Please. Don't.

Lalo kong binilisan ang takbo. Ba't ba ngayon pa hindi nakisama 'tong mga lintek kong paa? Ito na yata ang pinakamahaba at mabagal na oras ng putang inang buhay ko.

My feet halted and a large hand gripped my throat. A sense of foreboding trailed down my spine as I stared at Bree.

She's motionless. Nakatingala sa malawak na kalangitan. Umiihip ang malamig na hangin, isinasayaw ang mahaba at gula-gulanit niyang gown. Gusto kong pasalamatan at isumpa ang buwan nang bigla itong lumitaw. Humahalik sa luhaang mukha ni Bree ang sinag nito.

Right there and then, I want to gut myself. Rage filled every crevice of my soul at the sight of my Bree.

Talunan.

Warak.

Sinukuan na ang buhay.

They did this to her.

No. I did this to her!

At kung may dapat mang parusahan, ako 'yon at hindi siya. Ako ang dapat nasa dulo ng bangin, nakadipa.

Not Bree.

"Fuck. No!" I extended my trembling hand to her. Fuck. Estranghero sa pandinig ko ang boses. "Grab my hands. Bree... baby, listen to me. Please." For the first time in my life I did the unthinkable, I beg.

Bree hugged her middle, ignoring my presence. Nakapako sa karimlan ang mga mata n'ya.

"I'm filthy and jaded. H-he will not want me. Nobody would."

"No. I'm here. Look. Take my hand."

"He hates me. I hate myself. My family. They did this to him... to us. I hate my last name. I'm so sorry, Lev."

"B-baby, I don't hate you. I was wrong. I thought I hated you but the truth is, I hate myself more. Cause despite everything, I still want you. Need you. Let's talk. Okay? Take my hand." May nginig sa boses ko ng sabihin iyon.

"They did this to me." She said in a voice devoid of anything.

I blinked. Bree's not seeing or hearing me. Hell. I don't think she's even here with me.

Triple shit. I need to do something bago pa mahuli ang lahat.

Carefully, I stepped forward. My hand was still stretched towards her. Waiting.

"Bree, take my fucking hand."

Nang salubungin niya ang mga tingin ko, nabuhayan ako ng pag-asa para lang muling manlumo. Bree's face were the picture of pain and grief. Mapanglaw ang ngiting pinakawalan niya habang nakatitig sa kamay nakalahad kong palad.Then to my horror, she shake her head.