Chapter 1

LEV

SEVEN HUNDRED THIRTY DAYS. Fifteen hours, twenty-two minutes, and fourteen seconds. That's the exact time since I realized the true meaning of death and experienced it.

Hate every second of it. Learned to live with it and I realized that I bit off more than I could chew. But I couldn't complain cause I'm the one who sever all our ties.

There are lies that are far better to accept than the truth. Dahil kahit gaano kalawak ang kapangyarihan ko, may mga bagay–pagkakamali, na mahirap iwasan o pagbayaran. And monsters like me shouldn't crave for any ounce of light, right?

Nagtagis ang bagang ko sa huling naisip. I let out a long exhaled, then fill my lungs with the smell of desperation, my enemy's blood, and anger. Internally shaking, it brought me to the now and the most pressing matter. The whys to my existence and to all this chaos– Bree.

Nakatayo siya sa harapan ko, puno ng galit. Blood and violence was her background. Carnage and sin have never been this beautiful and tempting.

Nothing's changed. She still has that effect in me, mas lumala pa nga. She took all my oxygen and sent my life spinning in all directions.

I pinned her with my gaze, making sure it'll sear every inch of her exposed skin. Bree squirmed, red slowly creeping into her neck up to her chin.

Damn, she's beautiful.

Bree's poetry. A vision.

An art in her white wedding dress smeared by blood and a black bouquet of roses pressed against her chest. Her veil is in disarray, a few strands of her hair escaped from the chignon, and are now kissing her hallow cheeks. I flexed my palms. Nangangati akong hawiin iyon but what made me clench my jaw is the fact that she's too thin and that needs to be rectified. I made a mental note to feed her and made it my goal to put extra pounds on her.

Regardless, those two years made her more mature and elegant despite the hell her big burned cinnamon eyes were throwing in my direction. She turned from cute to irresistible. And that look on her face go straight to my groin.

"Bree." Fuck. That tasted bittersweet. Hindi ko maitago ang pananabik sa boses ko. God knows how long I longed and wished for this exact moment.

"Don't call me that. You don't have the right to call me that. We're not friends. Or anything." She snapped. Her reply burst the imaginary bubble I surround myself with.

I glare at her and she never backed down. She squared her shoulders, namumula ang buong mukha't leeg.

"What did you say?"

"You heard me the first time. You're just 34 para mabingi. You're a monster. Hell, you're not even human to me. You lost that when y-you. . . abandon me."

The message is clear and it went straight through me. All her repressed pain and longing hit me like a wave. I'm gutted. I need to grip my cane or else mawawalan ako ng balanse sa sobrang intensidad niyon.

If there's one thing I learned from the two years that we're apart, I am a beggar for this woman's everything. I will accept anything including scraps from her. Rage included. But I also realized that those two years brought up the real fucker in me. The greedy bastard who gets what he wants with an unforgiving heart that is as cold as the Arctic.

I stepped forward, she took a step back. I like this dance we're making. A devilish smirk ghosted my lips when I saw her eyes squint. I bet naglalaro sa utak niya kung sasakalin o sasaksakin ako.

"We're never friends kahit dati pa. Wala akong balak. And I definitely don't ever pretend that I'm human. You call me –what's that again? Monster. Your monster, no?"