PROLOGUE

BREE

Every story begins in once upon a time and every fairy tale has a little girl with a pink tutu and hopeful eyes, looking up at the bright sky, waiting for a falling star.

Wishing. Dreaming. Smiling.

I am that girl. Ang hiling ko? Simple lang.

To meet a handsome white knight that will love, protect, understand and cherish me.

A strong man that will whisk me away from the dark castle my father locked me up in.

I thought magkakatotoo ang lahat ng makilala ko siya.  Before long, his dark blue eyes pierce through me. His touch, burns me.

Once upon a time, I was stupid enough to fall in love with Lev. I thought I'm his endgame. Until I wasn't. Until he pushed me away.

Once upon a time, I used to have it all. I used to believe that I'm the hero of my story. I used to believe that people are good until that hideous night.

Some monsters destroyed me for good. Now, I hate the world and life itself.

Nabuhay ako sa poot at paghihiganting balak ko para sa kanila. I made a promise to myself that night. Yes. Once upon a dreadful night, I was the one kneeling. Begging and praying for my sorry life to end.

Now the tables have turned. I'm the one holding the gun and aiming it at them. They thought nanalo sila. They forgot one crucial thing, that villains are not born.

They are made.

Let the war and revenge begin.