Chapter 33: Attack

Start from the beginning

It collapses and I am quick to catch y/n as she sinks to her knees. Her eyes tell me she is in pain and I quickly put my arm around her waist, careful not to hurt her, and fly us off behind a few pillars.

Pov y/n

Wanda carefully leans me against the a little wall and I try to control my panting. My chest really hurts and I have to fight back tears at the pain.

"What was that?" I manage to get out and Wanda looks at me with worried eyes before shrugging.

Her hands find the zipper of my jacket and she opens it quickly before lifting my sweater. Cold air blows over the exposed skin and I start shivering a little. Wanda presses her lips together and I decide that I don't even wanna see what it looks like.
She holds out her hand above my upper stomach and lower chest, shaking a little. Her eyes shortly dart to me and she gives me a short reassuring smile before looking back at my upper body.
I whimper a little when there's a strange feeling in my chest, right where I am injured and Wanda's second hand comes up to my cheek to cup it.

"It's gonna be better soon." She promises and I hiss a little but nod, holding myself up with my hands. It really gets a little better but still hurts.
I am only guessing now, that Wanda is trying to heal the wound. She figured out she could do that in our first few weeks in Scotland.

It isn't a forever solution but it helps in the moment and until there is real help or tendering possible. I glance down but instantly look up again, seeing my sweater stained with blood.
I look to my right, trying to get my mind off what's happening right now.

Then I suddenly see one of those creatures launching itself at Wanda, so I push her out of the way. But the creature doesn't seem interested in Wanda and grabs me by my shoulders and takes off with me.

"Y/N!" Wanda calls after me and when I look back down, I see her starting to fight the other creature.

I try to kick the one that is holding me but it isn't bothered by my attempts. It flies me up onto the roof of a building and if there wasn't so much adrenaline within me right now, I probably would have been scared about the unsafety of being this up high.
But I manage to get up on my feet and when the creature tries to hit me with its scepter, I dodge it and kick it into the back, making it stumble a little.

When I try to shoot a ball of purple magic, nothing happens and I start to panic. Why isn't it working?

The creature manages to hit me with the scepter and I hold my stomach, stepping backwards. I can't let this thing win, whatever this is about.
So, I get into a fighting position and dodge the next attack, kicking that thing into its stomach. I wish, I had my widow bites or bow right now, literally anything that could help me and wouldn't force me to physically fight on the roof of a building.

The creature suddenly blasts me with something from its scepter that sends me flying into a wall behind me and I land on the ground.
Before I can get back up, it keeps me down with a foot on my chest, making me hiss at the pain.

It smirks evilly at me before pointing the sharp side of the scepter at me, at my chest, to be exact. As soon as the scepter touches my chest, I cry out, feeling a weird kind of pain erupting from my chest. A little as if something is being ripped out of me.
Before it can get any worse, the creature is thrown aside by red magic and I look up to see Wanda standing a few steps away from me.

"Hands off my fiancée." She grumbles between grinded teeth, a red energy ball in each hand before throwing them both at the creature.

I try to hoist myself up but bite my lip at the pain that's shooting through my body at that action. Wanda comes running into my direction and helps me to get up, scanning my body quickly.
Her arm wraps around me again and I hold onto her body. She lifts us off into the air and if my heart wasn't already pounding in my chest, it would for sure now.

I don't look down, worried that that would only make me panic even more. Wanda flies us away from the scene and I start to feel safer again. But then something hits us and my grip on Wanda loosens and I start to fall.

I scream, tumbling through the air and seeing a glass roof nearing way too quickly. A body collides with mine and by the way it holds onto me, I can tell that it's Wanda and hold her tightly.

She does her best to stop us from crashing but it doesn't help and we crash through the roof, glass shattering around us and falling to the ground.
We land hard on the ground and it forces us to let go of each other. I slide into a fence and cry out a little in pain at the collision.
My whole body hurts and my head spins. Wanda runs up to me, kneeling down and cupping my face. I notice a large cut over her left eyebrow and lift my hand, my fingers hovering over it.

"You're hurt." I press out and she waves it off, her eyes scanning my body.

"We need to get out of here. Can you stand?" She asks hurryingly and I give her a questioning look. But I try to push myself up from the ground but pain shoots through my leg and I wince and sink back to the ground.

"I don't think so." I apologize and something soft flashes within her eyes. There are a lot of emotions in her eyes and I can tell that she wants to take proper care of me but the situation doesn't allow it. We need to get to safety first.

"Go, save yourself." I mumble, not wanting for her to get hurt since those things clearly want me.

"I won't leave you, ever." She says and helps me to sit up against the fence, looking like she's trying to think about how to get us out of here.

"Give us the stone and everything is fine." I suddenly hear someone speak and look up to see both creatures standing in front of us.

Wanda is quick to stand up and in front of me. So that's why they're here.
I don't really wanna give up the stone but I'm not sure, if we can continue this fight. I for sure can't. But Wanda seems to have a different opinion as a red magic ball starts to form in each hand.

"You won't get it." She says with an angry voice, her accent slightly lacing through.

Both creatures narrow their eyes. I try to control my breathing and hold my aching chest with one hand and my leg with the other. I just hope that Wanda can win this for us. 

A/n: I'm honestly loving editing these kinds of chapters.

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3