Chapter 35

Rian at the age of 13

I ran out of the orphanage. Though I lost a place for me to sleep in, I didn't care that much back then. That place is rotten shit anyways.

First problem was money. For a small child at the age of 13, no one would hire me by any means. Meaning I've got to find a source of money.

I slept on the benches outside, stole food from wet markets to fill up my empty stomach. Glad thing that I don't eat much.

This continued for only about a week, until I heard that there's a young boy that's a genius of making money.

"Dang, he must be at least 16 or so."
That's what I thought.

As after hearing the information, I started looking for him. The so called 'genius' in this area. Even so, I've got absolutely no idea where to start, basically was just wandering around like a deadman.

It was after another week until I found him. Black hair, sharp eyes just like the rumors. He was sitting under a bridge, with a stack of money he's counting in his hands.

"Hey, you."

"Hm?" He looked up.

"You're the money making genius everyone's talking about, are you?"

"And who are you?"

"A little nobody that ran out of the orphanage two weeks ago."

The both of us looked at each other for about a couple of seconds. Until he spoke.

"And you're here for money, aren't you?"

"Yes."

"Just how straightforward can you possibly be..."

I sat down beside him, like he's already my friend. And that's when he looked at me with a weird face.

"What the hell?" He asked.

"We're friends now~"

"Ah??"

I took out an apple and handed it to him.
"This apple resembles it."

"Huh...."

I shoved it in to his hands, even though he tried refusing. I never gave him the chance to.
He lowered his head, looking at the red apple he had.

"Hey, do you fight?" He suddenly asked.

"Maybe."

"My team lacked of fighters. You'd do me a favor if you go and get my money back that the hoodlums owed."

I was surprised by his words. I've never thought that I'd join his team that easily. Especially that I'm a girl, I thought there's some kind of a test I need to do.

"Huh? But I'm just a weak girl though."

"You have bruises on your knuckles, but no injuries on you. You should be a fighter. Call me dumb if I'm wrong, cause' I know I'm not."

"Huh... No wonder he'd gather all the gangsters by himself..."

I smiled at him.
"You observe well..."

I stood up, standing in front of him.
"So, what's my job?"

"You wanna start today?"

"Well, why not? I needed money anyways, so might as well start now."

He threw me a piece of paper. Unfolding it, to see the word 50k yen and an address written under it.

"Around 5 people. We lent them 30k, and now they owed us 50k yen, haven't returned it when it's dued 2 weeks ago. Go get it back." He instructed, making me hum as a response.

"And how much percent do I get for each job?"
Well, an agreement must be made somehow.

"You'll get 30% of the money for each job you've done. I keep my words."

"Hmm... I admire you." I walked away, with that sentence. On the way to work for him.

"Hey, I haven't got your name." He asked.

"Kiyone Rian, Kiri is fine."

"Kokonoi Hajime... Koko."

"Nice working with you then, Koko."

And from that day, I started working with him. We'd lend money to those who needed it, and get it back along with another 5% of what they took. Not quite of the offer for them, but for those who needed money eagerly, they'd do anything for it. Mostly, I'd work in the area of Roppongi.
And for a month working with Koko, I only find out that he's the same damn age as me.

"You're 13?? I thought you might be 16, but just short."

"Just how much of an imbecile can you be?"

But because of me running after people's debts, they'd also target me for revenge. Nothing to do with what I'm working on back then, they held personal grudges.

Getting surrounded by 10 guys was almost an everyday thing for me. And that's what's happening that day, too.

I sat on one of the men's back, resting as I just sent 6 guys flying.
Taking a deep sigh, it was tiring actually.
"When will you guys ever learn your lessons..."

I'll never forget what happened after saying that. I was surrounded by cops out of all the sudden. Around 10 guys, they pinned me down and handcuffed my hands behind my back.

"Fuck?! Hey, it hurts!"

And it was when another hoodlum I fought before, stepped in front of me. I'd be dumb if I didn't know the situation. That guy ratted me out, for street fights, and illegal money making.

I got thrown in Juvie for that certain reason. Sentenced for 2 years behind the bars as I'm still underaged back then.

"Izana? I didn't know you're here."

"Hm? Aren't you still at the orphanage?"

There, surprisingly, I met Izana once again. He's already 16 at that time.

"That place? I ran out, you see. It's a shitty place after all."

"Glad to see you still the same."

"Who's this chick?" Two guys with purple eyes came asking Izana. They almost looked the same if it weren't for their hair colour. Are they brothers? They're tall, really tall.

"And who are you two, tall asses?"

"You...." The one with glasses squeezed his eyes hearing this.

"These are the Haitani brothers from Roppongi." Izana introduced.

"And this is Kiri, my friend back at the orphanage."

"So you're the famous Haitani brothers! Anyways, I'm the one ruling Roppongi when you guys are rotting in here. So might as well refer me as your heir."

"Izana... How are you friends with this rude kid?"

"I'm not a damn kid?!"

"She's been like this. You'll get along." Izana only smiled as an answer to the brothers.

After the joke, he soon asked me in a curious tone.
"Anyways, why are you here?"

"Got ratted out by a pussy who didn't know how to fight face to face. I was surrounded by cops holding guns, can't risk it ya know?"

The taller Haitani, Ran sweatdropped.
"Even we don't get arrested like that..."

"Hey, I don't wanna die just because I beat up some punks okay?"

"I've heard the cops saying that there's a new member joining, who got involved in more than 15 cases of street fightings, could that be you?" The Haitani with glasses, who's apparently called Rindou, asked.

"Street fightings? I guess they've mentioned something about it before throwing me in here..."

"Seriously? You don't even know what your crimes are?"

"Do I look like I give a shit?"

"You're still the same, huh."

"So are you."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.