Chapter 21

Rian and Mei were on the streets now. They've just bought some snacks and drinks, now on the way back to Mei's place.

"It's been two months since Tora's been sent in jail, it seems like you're recovering from that. I'm glad." Rian said to her with a bag in her hand that it contained their snacks. It really is, a relief for her to see Mei getting over with the incident on Bloody Halloween.

"It's not like I get to barge him out of there, anyways." Mei responded to Rian who was walking beside her. She's carrying a bag with their drinks inside.

"Who'd get themselves stabbed two times in one year, huh?" Mei teased Rian, remembering the time where she also got stabbed on the Musashi Festival incident.

Rian went silent for a few seconds at her statement. It's true, she couldn't lie. She gave Mei a kick on her butt.

"Oi, why'd you kick my butt?!"

"Well if I wasn't the one who got stabbed, it'd be you!"

"Oh yeah?! Well look who has two scars on their stomach and looked ugly right now!"

"What do ya mean ugly?! It meant that I've fought, alright?!" Rian yelped, lifting her shirt up trying to show the two scars on her abdomen to her sister, that's being sarcastic towards her.

In the middle of them arguing about dumb stuff, they saw a tall figure a few distance in front of them, blocking their way. There's people wearing white jackets around him, too. There's 'BD' wrote behind of their jackets, making the sisters groan.

"Black Dragons? Seriously? Out of all times." Rian sighed to herself.

"And he just had to come back at the time when we decided to hang out.... Taiju." Mei also, complained.

Rian tilted her body, to see what was Taiju doing, since he had one of his arm in the air. He was picking Takemichi up in the air by the collar of his uniform.

"He's picking on Takemichi." She pointed, telling her younger sister.

"And there's Hakkai, Yuzuha and Hina." Mei squeezed her eyes, seeing the three of them in the distance as they're closing up to the crowd.

Rian scratched the back of her head.
"Guess we gotta save them."

"Yeah..." Mei agreed with her sister for once.

Mei tapped on the tip of her shoes, then dashed in front in to the crowd, towards Taiju. She reached beside him in just a split second, grabbing on Takemichi, pulling him away from Taiju's grip, freeing him.

"Well hi, Black Dragons. Long time no see." She greeted after setting Takemichi on the ground, behind her.

"Mei-san!" Takemichi was surprised, as so was the two girls behind him.

"Mei!"

"Oi! The cans will explode if you shake it so hard like that!" Rian yelped, seeing her sister doing such big actions with their drinks.

"Sorry, geeze."

"Kiri-san too!" Takemichi again, exclaimed. It's like seeing a savior of his.

"Yo. Takemichi, Yuzuha, Hina." She greeted with her hands in her pockets.

"Ah?! Another Toman brat in our turf?" Taiju asked in an unbelievable tone.

He sighed, then looked at Hakkai who's his little brother.
"Hakkai, you called for help, didn't you?"

"I don't give a shit bout' that. I live here. And you promised to not cause me trouble as long as I don't." Mei furrowed her eyebrows on Taiju's words.