Chapter 24

"Come on, start speeding already! We're so late!" Mei yelled, complaining while sitting behind Rian's bike.

"Well I can't just run over all the people that are walking!!" Rian yelled back.

The sisters are speeding the bike this enchanting night. Mei is late to Toman's first ever meeting this year, and it's because Rian's door is stuck, and couldn't be opened. They had to bust the door down to get out.

"Change the damn fucking door!"

"Well why don't you pay for it, jackass?!"

With them arguing here and there, they've reached Musashi Shrine. Rian was invited there by Mikey for some reason.
They started running up the stairs, hoping that they'd get there without getting scolded at.

"It's your fault that I'm late!"

"How is that my fault, bitch?!"

In the middle of them fighting, they heard a clear voice. And that's Mikey's.

"You're fired."

Rian stood at the back of all the Toman members, as Mei quickly rushed in front, getting beside Draken with a pile of papers in her hand.

There was silence, when the crowd was chattering. Kisaki's not speaking, which is clear enough that he panicked.
"What are you saying, Mikey? You're joking, right?"

"I'm not joking here. You're fired."

Kisaki continued staring at Mikey with an unbelievable expression. Until Hanma came to the front.

"Woah, hold the phone, Mikey. If you fire Kisaki, then I'm out too. Which means a total of 450 members of Toman, the 50 former members of Moebius, and 300 former members of Valhalla will all leave. And Toman will shrink into a mere 100. You sure about this?"
Hanma tried to get Mikey to change his mind. Sure that losing a total of 350 menpower is a big thing, especially for a gang that wanted to rule Tokyo.

"I don't care. Toman's gotten too big anyways."

Rian stayed put on her spot, watching the whole show. She's glad that Mikey made up his mind and decided to fire him. It's the best for everyone.

"Gotten too big? What the hell, Mikey? Isn't that Toman's goal?!" Kisaki was still trying to get Mikey to take his words back. Which it seemed almost impossible now.

"Then... Was your instigation of the Christmas conflict done to make Toman bigger?"

Mei stepped up, and went beside Mikey. She looked at the paper files she had on her hand and started reading.

"Back stabbing Takemichi and got Chifuyu off guard, tying him up so that he couldn't back up his captain. Giving Yuzuha a knife so that she could end Taiju." She cleared her throat and started saying out loud, making the members chatter once more.

"Need me to say more?"

She stopped speaking, as the rest of the members didn't need to know more about the Moebius and Valhalla incident.

"In order to make Toman bigger, I've ignored your underhand methods until now. But that ends here."
Mikey said to him.

Kisaki widened his eyes on the president.
"No!! You'd grown weak, Taiju was a threat to Toman! I acted for your sake!" He started running up the stairs, trying to get where Mikey was standing. But Draken blocked him off, halfway.

"Hey! Who said you could come up here?"
Though once again, he got held off by Hanma with a punch, as Kisaki went through.

"Shut up and let Kisaki talk, fucker!"

"Asshole!"

Eventually, Kisaki reached to the same spot as Mikey and Mei are at. She stood in front of Mikey, staring at Kisaki. Getting so close to the president in a big gathering like this is unacceptable, and showing impolite towards the president.

"Don't listen to those worthless fools, Mikey. Aren't you going to create a new era for the delinquents?!"

He's freaking out at this point, his voice getting louder and louder by the seconds he talked.

"You need me, Mikey! I am the shadow you cast. We need each other! Please reconsider this, Mikey!"

Mikey walked away, leaving Mei standing against Kisaki.

"We're through. Your arbitrary will only screw up my dream."

"M-Mikey!!" Kisaki had his knees weakened, he knelt to the ground and yelled his name, but he kept on walking without turning back.

"This meeting is now over!!" Draken announced to everyone.

Rian who's watched all the drama from the back until now, she found herself relieved. For Toman, for Mikey and for Takemichi.

She walked in front, reaching her sister and standing beside her. Mei took out the paper files and threw it on the ground in front of Kisaki, who's kneeling.

"Here are all your deeds. From then until now. August 3rd, Bloody Halloween, Christmas conflict. What a shame, I thought I'd finally find a smart friend."
Mei left her words to Kisaki, then walked away along with Rian behind her.

"You're giving it to him?" She asked Mei.

"No worries, I still have 7 stacks of backups of that thing."

Rian sweatdropped at Mei, hearing this. Why'd you need so many backups for?

They walked and met up with Mikey.

"Kiri-chin! How was that just now?" He cheerfully asked with a smile.

"I get why you called me here to watch, not bad I'd say."

Mei gave Mikey a small bow, while having her hand on the back of her head.

"Sorry for being late, Mikey. Rian's door got stuck and we had to kick it down."

"It's fine, man. You got here right on time anyways."
Still the same old Mikey talking with his friends.

"Do you want a copy of the file? I've got 7 more stacks of that."

"Why would you have so many copies of that, anyways?" Even Mikey sweatdropped at the strategist he recruited for the gang. This earned a nod from Rian, agreeing what he said.

"Exactly."

"You'll never know when you need it! Might as well give one to Takemichi."

"He won't want it!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.