Chapter 5

Flashback when the sisters were little

There once lived a happy family in Roppongi. Though being happy, we've lost our parents when I was 6 at the time. Due to a car accident, both mum and dad were sent to the hospital, but they never made it.

I still remember how they looked... Dad was neither handsome, or ugly. With black locks and blue eyes. Pretty common for a man.

On the other hand, my mother is just a beauty. Black locks with slightly gray eyes. The thing is, she couldn't see so well, so she's wearing glasses.

The car accident caused our parents to leave us. The lorry driver got arrested for drunk driving. But for only 10 years that he's charged behind the bars.

Me and my sister were both sent to the orphanage after our parents's death.

Me, at that time. I was a rebellious kid, even though for just turning 6. It's normal for me to fight the other kids in the orphanage. Surprise, surprise, I'll always end up winning. Though I'd get locked up in a dark small room and be fed with nothing but water as a punishment for getting in to fights. It didn't stop me from fighting almost everyday.

And Mei, she's a timid girl at that time

And Mei, she's a timid girl at that time. She's just a year below me, when she's always clumsy, and always getting bullied for some reason. I get in to fights mostly because of wanting to protect her. Mei liked reading, a lot. She'd sit there and read the same book over and over again, without moving an inch.

 She'd sit there and read the same book over and over again, without moving an inch

(☠️☠️ You get why she's bullied now?)

Now that everyone could see the difference between me and Mei. And of course, the adults there adored Mei than me who's always covered up in bruises.

"Oh, how are you two so different, despite being blood related sisters?"

In the end, Mei got adopted way before the other kids. And it was that day, the orphanage came two new kids. One with a big scar on his face, and another one with white hair.

As long as I can remember, the boy with white hair is 3 years above me at that time. His name is Kurokawa Izana, half Filipino.

"Hey. Why are you beating them up?"
He had his hands in his pocket, he seemed chill when he asked me that.