"Candlelight Wishes"

En başından başla

A gown like no other, and one that she'd made herself, hugged at her hips and breasts, flowing to the floor where heels dressed her feet.

It was a sequined cream color, with a hypnotic shine attached to her every movement. The design embroidered in it resembled the theme of the Great Gatsby. An old Hollywood look at its finest, though with a twist, being its backless feature, plunged neckline, and slit at the back, allowing her room to move. Tiana had given her hair voluminous curls, all swooped into a large bodied wave, swept to one side over her shoulder. And the jewel on the pinned side made her look like a siren from the most majestic of waters.

Red lips lined her smile, dazzling enough to cast a spell as the sea of fans screamed loud enough to leave her ears ringing.

Letting it all sink in, she remained calm and still, her chest rising and falling with a gratified depth as she waited for them to quiet down.

"Well well well, New York City, how y'all doin this evenin?" Her southern accent was rich as dark chocolate, contrasting her honey brown eyes, ignited by the spotlight. "Mrs. Turner had me prepare a little somethin special for y'all tonight," she continued. "That is, if y'all don't mind..."

Instant shouts of collective no's nearly made Journee chuckle while craning her attention over her shoulder with a smirk, briefly catching Tiana's eye as she arched a brow at their violinist. Shaking her head, Tiana smiled as she watched the woman she loved, soaking in every inch of her breathtaking appearance.

Then, just as Journee brought her attention back to the audience, and right as the intro to Etta James' 'At Last' echoed through the building, the stage lit up.

Coming alive one by one, the lights rippled, extending along the bulbed rows from the center of the stage to where the crew watching overhead resided, providing a cinematic effect. And once the theater was set with a warm glow, the band now playing in harmony as Journee's body began a soft sway, the woman began to sing.

Everyone's breath had been whisked away, the audience and backstage crew all watching the singer in a trance.

"And life is likee a sonngg," her eyes closed with the execution of the note, her hands caressing at the thin mic stand. "Ohh, yeah, yeahh, at last..."

"That voice of hers is somethin else," Mickey said to Tiana, his head shaking as his arms crossed. Neither of them had taken their eyes off her. "Ion think I'll ever get used to it."

"I sure as hell haven't," she chuckled, standing beside him with her arms folded as well. "She makes it look easy..."

Wearing a grin, he then glanced at his friend. "I can imagine-" she met his smirking gaze. "Rose says you can hardly whistle Tee-"

Mickey snickered as Tiana extended her hand to push his broad shoulder, biting back her smile with a roll to her eyes. Once finding his balance again, he joined her in watching Journee once more, the two of them smiling in content.

Tour had been a dream of a world for them both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing with her hands attempting to tame her mane, Journee's face drew with focus as she huffed at her reflection in the mirror. She was on her third rubberband, and was on the verge of screaming if this one popped against her wrist like the others.

Feeling a grumble from her stomach, after having only a sandwich today in the dressing room two hours before performing, she called out to her lover. "Tee?"

"Yeah?" The woman answered, clad in a white robe with her ankles crossed as she sat up against the bed's headboard. The remote in her hand was pointed to the small rectangular television box, antennas poking out from the top.