"Kiss 'Nd Tell"

Tiana

Nerves were an understatement right now.

It was now time for work, and I'd already been distracted all day. I couldn't concentrate on anything, besides that damn kiss. And it didn't help that instead of deciding to never let it happen again, I only wanted for it to occur once more...or maybe twice.

I lost three rounds in a row to Derek, at my dad's gym, earlier today. Then I couldn't even focus on the client I had over, a few hours ago. It was maddening.

The fact that I couldn't stop thinking about her annoyed me. The fact that I was beginning to crave her scent, her presence, her touch... It's forbidden, yet I can't seem to get a hold of myself, and these intense feelings...

But I have to.

By all means, I had to deny what I felt for her. I had to avoid being in the same room as her, which would be hard given I work for the woman. But ugh... There's no telling how that kiss will affect our relationship now. It's just that I love this job and don't necessarily want to let it go...Or her, for that matter.

I just didn't want to admit it to myself, for I'm afraid of what it would mean.

"Hey Tee," Margie greeted me as I entered the restaurant, walking hastily.

I passed her without stopping. "Hey Marg-"

"Hey Tee."

"Hey Netty-" I glanced her way once entering the kitchen. "Hey Rae. Issa," I nodded as they waved their hands.

"Hey suga, how you been?"

"Good, y'all?"

"Can't complain," Raven smiled sarcastically at me, to which I laughed while exiting through the swinging door.

Heading up the stairs, I turned the two corners before making way to the room that read, 'Journee Rose.'

It'd been that way since she became a permanent singer a few weeks ago. And I'll never forget how excited she was when she noticed the change. The smile on her face was infectious to say the least.

"Uh Tiana Thomas!" Coco called authoritatively, making me spin around with wide eyes. "Where the hell were you today, miss thing?"

A bit perplexed, my brows formed a crease as I frowned. Then I gasped silently once realizing.

"Coco I forgot, I'm so sorry honey-"

"Excuses excuses-" she held up a hand, making her way over as I opened the door to the dressing room. "You owe me big time, I told Franklin to leave me alone all day just for you to stand me up."

"I'm sorryyy," I grimaced. "My head's been scrambled all day. I lost to Derek three times-"

"Jesus," she muttered under her breath, and I nodded in agreement.

"I know..." Sorting through the makeup drawer, I put the stuff I'd brought from home inside it. "Today has really not been my day. Promise I'll make it up to you though."

"Mhmmm," she drew out before taking a seat in Journee's high chair. "Where yo new best friend?"

Scoffing with a laugh, I turned to her. "Journee ain't my best friend, I assure you."

"Could've fooled me-" she pretended to be interested in her nails, and I laughed again.

"Don't be jealous Coco, you can never be replaced."

"Oh I know that," she gave me a playful look. "I just hope little miss 'Diana Ross' knows that. She ain't too pretty for no ass whoopin-"

Another breath of laughter escaped my lips as I headed to Journee's rack of gowns. "Really Constance, you gone fight her?"