"Young And Beautiful"

Tiana

Miami, Florida. The city where the sun shines boldly in the sky and wind blows through the palmed trees, having your gaze fill with awe every time you peer up into painted blue skies. The city of beaches, fruity drinks, lively streets, and tanned skin. Where it smelled imminently of salt from the sea, carrying whispers through the thickness of every breeze.

Personally, I thought it all was a load of crap they sold in the papers for tourists. Boy was I wrong.

I couldn't take my eyes off of the first palm tree I spotted on the bus ride here. Nor would I ever forget the humidity that blew up my hair in minutes. And I thought Atlanta was hot, dear Lord. It ain't even summer yet and here I am wishing I brought multiple bathing suits.

Opening night was a success like I'd never seen before.

Jounree was amazing as I knew she would be, and I was so proud of her I couldn't stop smiling even if I'd tried. Not to mention when Tina and Ike followed behind her. Now I see why folks be damn near tussling over some concert tickets. That experience was one for the books, and it's only the first night.

It was probably a bit before midnight right about now as each of us loaded off the two buses, parked outside The Driftwood Motel.

Even in the dark, the place's Barbie pink exterior was hard to miss. Tina rented out an entire hall and a half for us to occupy, putting two to a room. Journee and I rolled our suitcases to the end of the hall, with her walking excitedly in front even though I was the one with the key.

She'd changed out of her stage dress and into some black capri slacks and a red polka dot halter top. Though her hair was still the same, as was her makeup and body glitter. Her collarbone and shoulders had a light sparkle to them as she turned to me, wearing a bright smile. Although her eyes and inability to keep still was telling me to hurry up.

"I'm comin, I'm comin," I chuckled. Bringing the roll of my suitcase to a stop, I used the key to turn the lock and push the door ajar. "Here we are," I smiled as she rushed inside and plopped on the bed with a long heavy sigh.

"Lord a bedd, thank you Jesus-" her eyes squeezed tight as she dramatically balled a fist onto the comforter. "Never thought I'd be so happy to see a mattress in my life."

"You's a trip," I chuckled while bypassing her to go stand at the window. Peeking through the curtain, I grinned at the sight of the lit pool and the beachfront out beyond the motel. "You swimmin?"

"Nah, I ain't got time to be fightin with my hair and chlorine." Smiling again, I turned from the window, finding Jounree on her feet now as she ambled up to me. "You comin down there with me?"

Both my hands instinctively went to her waist as she slid hers behind my neck.

"Yeah, I figured it'd be rude to hang back inside on the first night." Eyeing me lovingly, Journee then pulled me closer into a melting hug, having my eyes shut as I spoke. "Plus Mickey says I have no choice-"

Soft laughter muffled against my neck as I rubbed her back a bit, holding her close and inhaling her scent. "Mickey's a wildcat- course he did."

Slowly walking us away from the window, she brought her face up to mine before closing the gap between us.

With kindled brows, I hummed just barely into it, for it'd been our first moment alone in almost two days. And Journee kissed me just as so. Sensually and desirably, as if wanting to savor the taste for as long as she could. As if this was a moment she wouldn't dare to waste or rush. And it had my insides shiver as her hands roamed down to my waist, having mine draw to her cheeks.