011

Tiwalade Jada Solé : 18                                                 Baltimore, Maryland

                       Baltimore, Maryland

Dami and I's relationship has been off for the past few days now, I guess we both have been too busy with class and other shit so we've barely texted or Facetimed.

Even though she says she isn't mad, she's definitely still upset with the indirect comment I made the other day.  She's more quiet than usual and I think she's starting to ignore me.

But I can't afford to be distracted cause today is the finals and the match wasn't going well at all though.

Our time was running out and neither one of us had yet to score any points.

We were playing against Howard high, They are our biggest rival, always mad tryna beef with anyone or anything.

By now, everyone standing on the bleachers were watching us intensely, as both of our team became very competitive.

I groaned in annoyance when Kleo smacked the ball out of my hand again for the one hundredth time. I ran after her as she dribbled down the court.

Just as she was ready to shoot the ball, I stepped in front of her, blocking her way.

Kleo rolled her eyes before turning her back toward me. I glared down at her, still keeping my hand open.

"Damn, Back the fuck up!" she groaned.

"That's how you play the game," I whispered to her. She paused at my words. I took that opportunity to snatch the ball and dribble down to the opposite side.

The crowd cheered, as I prepared to shoot the ball, but Kleo quickly stole the ball back. At this point I was getting mad tight.

"Tiwa! What the fuck!" Dakota shouted, obviously annoyed. I sighed, jogging over to the others.

"Get your head in the game" My coach said from behind me, passing me a water bottle.

"Relax, don't beat yourself up," Jae placed her hand on my shoulder, I nodded as we continued walking.

"Wtf!" Dakota said, while someone from the opposite tem bumper her should. She stared at Dakota before chuckling with one of her other teammates.    

Dakota started to respond but I quickly grabbed her, "Just stop, they are trying to distract us," I told her while pushing her along.

In the last few minutes, the opposite team had the ball. We all ran down the court.

The girl that bumped into Dakota had the ball and as she jumped up, I smacked the back out of her hand.

I gave her an intense stare, causing her to look away. People cheered as I walked down the court, and shot the ball into the hoop.

I looked up into the stand and saw my friends including Dami holding up a poster with my name. The game ended and we won by 60 to 48.

I walked into the locker room, changing out of my sweaty jersey. "Tiwa!" Dami waved, walking up behind me.

"How did you get in there? I questioned, putting on my shirt.

"They let me in," she shrugged, leaning back against the lockers.

"You did so good out there, did you see me cheer you on?" She asked.

"I actually did," I snatched my hoodie outta her hand, she thought she was sneaky.

"Stop tryna steal my shit" I stuffed it into my bag.

"You got three seconds to give that back before i-"

"Before you what lil girl?"

The wanna be she-devil herself shoves me into the locker behind me.

"Yo, keep up with that shit," I licked my lips while staring at hers.

"What are you doing?" She quietly spoke.

I went in for a kiss and just as my lips brushed hers, she pulled away instantly, "there are people around..."

I scrunched up my face "So fucking what?"

"Tiwa!" my friends called out to me, walking over to me.

"We thought you weren't gone make that shot," they teased. "Nahh, I knew you were gonna come through," Deja spoke.

"Thanks for believing in me" I chuckled. "Middle finger to the rest of y'all" I said, placing my water bottle on the bench.

I sat on the bench and put my sneaker on. As I tied my shoe, I noticed Deja staring at me.

"What?" I laughed.

Deja and Tobi moved closer to me, "she came over the other day right?—so did you guys..." she whispered.

"Why are you guys obsessed with my sex life?" I chuckled. I turned to look at Dami, who was having a conversation with a group of girls.

"We didn't do anything, and to be honest we kinda had a disagreement" I admitted.

"You guys already fighting? What did you do to my friend?" She demanded.

I scoffed, backing up, "why do you assume it's my fault?"

"Be so for real now, of course it's your fault" she rolled her eyes.

"Honestly, I just think they need to fuck it out" Tobi suggested and Deja nodded in agreement.

'Y'all just shut up" I chuckled.

๑๑๑๑๑๑
Dami and I were walking in the parking lot, so I could drive her home.

I wasn't fully sure, If this was the right moment to ask her but I did anyway.

I  turned to her, breaking the silence between us, "Dami?" I said softly, my voice uncertain.

She glanced at me "Yeah?" she replied. "I know things have been a bit off between us lately," I said.

She paused, her gaze met mine, "I know, and I'm really sorry."

"No, don't apologize," I immediately shaked my head.

"I was thinking," I took a deep breath. "Maybe we could go on a proper date." I continued.

"about time, took you so damn long" she hissed before hugging me, taking me by surprise.

Got too lazy to finish.
Make sure you vote❤️