001

Damilola Aaliyah Danesi: 17                                         Baltimore, Maryland

                                        Baltimore, Maryland

After lectures ended, I smoothed the back of my skirt down and stood up from my chair behind me.

"Dami!! Tell me why i unfollowed this nigga, tryna fight me.--- just because he ain't get no pussy" my friend stood beside me as she pointed her phone at me showing the text message.

I packed up my laptop and notes before grabbing the phone from her, staring at the screen.

Today 12:32pm
Douglas: "Next time you unfollow someone go ahead and remove them cause bitch nobody is your fan unknown"
                                                                     Read                                                                                                                                                                 
Ayo: "Nigga?? what you said doesn't even make sense"                                                                     
               "It's never that serious, it's just an unfollow, and get over yourself"
                                           Delivered   

"Ayo, I told you this already, you need to stop going for them dominican guys—they gon break your heart" I explained as i pulled my wallet and phone out of my bag and placed it on the desk in front of me.

She rolled her eyes "Gurl, you don't think i know that....I knowww" she grabbed my arm, shaking me to my side while she grunted.

"Abeg o, that sounds like a you problem." I yanked her hand off me. After my last class, Ayo and I walked into the hallway of the girl's locker room.

This is the typical meet up spot before and after school. "Dami!!—omo come see de craze this girl do" Temi yelled gesturing for us to come over.

"See eh, y'all should leave me alone" Temi pulled me for a hug, grabbing my ass. She's the typa girl that be grabbing and touching all up on you.

"Amebo, must you put my business out there—eh answer?" Imani smacks her mouth and hissed.

Temi teased with a mischievous grin "Nawa ohh, i just dey play na—-no be fight." she puts a hand around imani's shoulder pulling her closer.

"Fine, I forgive you." her cheeks flushed as she shook her head trying not to smile.

"Let's move it guys, I'm about to lock the doors" the coach yelled. The chatter gradually died down, as we grab our bags and headed out of the locker room to go home.

At home
I pulled out my key from my bag and inserted it into the keyhole, twisting it to open the door. My mom is rarely home due to working two jobs to provide for us, my older brother started college, and my father has an oil company back in Nigeria, he's always back and forth from Nigeria to the U.S. So I basically live alone.

I go up the stairs, entering my room, I drop my school bag by the door and sighed with relief.

"Finally home!" I kicked off my shoes, tied my hair up and put it into a bonnet. I also changed into my loungewear.

Time to tackle some homework cause I ain't gonna get any work done, once my friends come over.

I spent the next hour actually working on my assignments, occasionally pausing to watch tiktok and take a quick snack break.

I headed to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl of fruits, and settled on the couch to watch an episode of The L Word. I know!--- it's kinda gay.

Few minutes later, I got a notification on my phone from imani. "We're outside."

I jumped up from the couch, tossing  the pillow aside. I swung the door open to reveal my friends, Imani, Ayo, Temi, Terry, and Malik standing on the doorstep.

"Abeg shift jare—I brought food and drinks," Malik exclaimed, raising an aluminum foil pan with some cold malts.

I stepped aside, allowing my friends to enter the house. They shuffle in and head to the living room.

Ayo snuggles into the cushions, making herself comfortable.

Temi, Terry, and imani were at the dining table having a heated argument playing Ludo. "You dey craze!!! I saw you— you cheated" Temi uttered.  "if i slap you eh? So, you didn't see when Imani rolled the dice twice!" Terry spat back.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen...."Y'all need to relax, it's just a game." I shouted from the kitchen as Malik and I laughed.

I took out the Jollof rice from the microwave and laid out the drink on the counter while Malik washed dishes.

"Thanks for helping me out" I rolled up my sleeve to rinse the plates and set them on the dish rack. "No problem at all," he smiled.

"You two gang up against me, abi—no wahala" Terry said, as we all settled into our seats, fully engrossed in the food right in front of us.

"Abeg, let's just eat eh?" Ayo scooped a spoonful of rice and grabbed two fried chicken with a cold malt. She continues "me, i'm hungry–I wan chop."

We got a plate of food...at least that would shut them up for now.

First chapter, comment your thoughts and I hope y'all liked it.
Pls vote.