004

Damilola Aaliyah Danesi: 17                                                 Baltimore, Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland

I searched for my school's girl basketball team on instagram. As I browsed around the page; it flooded with pictures and videos of competitions and hallway interviews of each player.

I stumbled upon a post featuring 'exceptional players' wearing gold medals with their users noted in the comments. And lucky for me, her name amongst them.

I typed up the username out of curiosity and clicked on the first account that popped up.

I found myself staring at the few photos that Tiwa had uploaded as I scrolled through them.

I swear; this girl looks so fine that it seems like she didn't even try.

I clicked the "follow" button without thinking about what i just did and almost immediately she accepted my follow.

                                   Tiwa.Solé_                                                        
                          Active now, In chat...
Hey

                                                      Yoo, what's up?                                                        
                                      You stalking me now?🤨

Of course not...

                             Nah, i'm just fucking with you                      
                Also i'm so sorry for acting like a dick

It's all good, i'm over it 🤷🏾‍♀️

                   Bet, I'll see you at school. Goodnight

Goodnight, Tiwa
                11:47pm

         Tiwa.Solé_ started following you.

She followed me back!!! Just the little attention from Tiwa got me feeling all typa way, I mean shit like this was foreign to me cause I never dated anyone.

I placed my phone down with a wide smile, even though the conversation wasn't what I was hoping for, her apology was still very appreciated.

๑๑๑๑๑๑

In an African household, Saturday mornings are the worst. My mom was playing gospel music downstairs, and I could literally hear it from up here, so I knew she's about to burst into my room at any time.

"At this time you're still sleeping?" As my door swung open with a creak, as my mom walked across the room and yanked my blanket off me.

"Mommy, it's eight in the morning, can I just sleep in for a while?" I yawned, outstretching my arms.

"If you don't get up this instant! you will see what i'll do to you" She yelled, snapping her finger at me.

I sighed and reluctantly got out of my bed, dragging myself to my feet. 

I walked into the bathroom, I turned on the faucet; letting the water run until it reached the perfect temperature, then I splashed my face with water to wake myself up.

I stared into my reflection and couldn't help but notice how big my ass was.

So I started twerking in front of the mirror, making sure I still had it in me.

After rinsing my mouth with mouthwash, I headed downstairs.

I started by doing the dishes; scrubbing down the back of the pot, then I swept the living room and kitchen before going back upstairs to clean my bathroom.   

After I completed all the chores, I went straight to the shower to go freshen up.

I tied my hair into a top bun with a scarf wrapped around it and grabbed my dance bag and sling it over my shoulder.

I make my way downstairs, and poured myself a cup of coffee.

I checked my phone to see a text message from Ayo before grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

I watched Ayo's car pull up at the curb, before I hurried over and slid into the passenger seat.

"What took you so long?" I bucked up my seat belt.

"I'm sorry, i had to drop off my clothes to the tailor for the upcoming wedding" she adjusted her rearview mirror.

"I can't wait for this wedding, cause our choreography is about to be lit" i nodded before turning up the radio.

"Hey, guess what?" I asked. Ayo glanced over at me, "Gurl what did you do this time?"

I took a deep breath, "So, remember that girl in my bio class?" she nodded. 

"Well, yesterday she followed me back on Instagram!" I blurted.

Her eyes widened in surprise before breaking into a grin "Omo! you must like her o—look at you blushing so hard"

"But i don't wanna judge her by her appearance tho, but she does seem that she might be into girls" I explained, feeling a little let down.

She tilted her head to the side,  "She literally dated Simone Anderson!—and many other girls in fact" she added. 

"So if you want her; go for her! and don't be apologetic" she shrugged.

We pulled up to the dance studio, "They gon be mad, cause we kept them waiting" I opened the car door.

"Hey guys!" Ayo called out, as we entered the studio.

"About time you two showed up!" Imani rolled her eyes.

We all settled in our spacing, "Alright, guys! let's run it from the top"  the instructor called out.

"First, we start with a simple pivot turn, then transition of footworks..." He continues.

This chapter was all over the place, but hope y'all enjoy.
Just a reminder to vote.