010

Damilola Aaliyah Danesi: 17                                                 Baltimore, Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland

Today, I planned to help Tiwa with her hair, she wanted a fresh retwist for her game. I am currently at her doorstep, knocking on the door before the door swing open.

I have been there a couple of times now, but let's be honest I'm mostly there for her baby brother, Jaden. He's so adorable and I think he likes me, cause he shares his toys with me and smacks me with it sometimes.

Tiwa smiled at me but I just rolled my eyes back at her before pushing her out the way, running over to hug Jaden, her baby brother who was crawling toward me.

"What the...I didn't even get a hi, hello?" her face scrunched up at my attitude but she ignores it as she closes the door.

"Oh my goodness! I miss you papa!" I scooped him up into a tight hug. Leaning in, I planted multiple kisses on his chubby cheeks making him giggle.

"Aha! you're the cutest baby ever" I awed, then glanced at Tiwa who just stared at us.

"Hey, come here," I said, reaching out to her. "You look like you're about to cry," I placed Jaden back on his feet before walking toward her to give her a hug.

We walked into the living room and I followed closely behind her. "Hey Dami! how are you?" Jemima sat on the couch, looking up from her laptop.

I smiled, "I'm good, aunty."

"Well, thanks for helping this one with her hair," She said, setting her laptop aside before picking up Jayden, his tiny hands reaching out to tug at her dress.

"No problem at all," I reached out to touch Tiwa's hair, before she shook her locs out.

We made our way up the stairs toward her room. We walked in and I closed the door behind us and pulled my bag down and coat off before jumping on the bed.

"Damn make yourself at home, I guess" She mumbled. I reached for the remote and pulled the cover over me.

She crawled into bed next to me trying to get comfortable on my stomach. "You been oiling your hair?" I ask rubbing my fingers through her hair.

"Yes" She said, looking away.

"Get off me, you're such a liar" I tried to push her head off my stomach, but she laughed scooting up more onto my chest.

"I miss you so much" she whined, forcing me to comfort her.

"You're such a big baby'" I kissed her forehead, making her smile.

"Okay, let's start on your hair" I sat up, Tiwa grunted, as her lip quivered into a pout.

"So you wanted me to retwist it, right?" I placed the shine n jam and a comb on the dresser.

"Yes," she nodded. "Okay, you gone have to stay still," I said from behind her, cause she was already moving about.

"Pass me the remote," I said. She held the remote over her shoulder, I grabbed it and turned the tv on.

"You only got netflix? You lame as shit" I silently judged cause who still even watches that shit.

"Ok not too fucking much, I'm not bouta paying multiple subscriptions," she smacked d her teeth.

"I'mma log into my hulu" I rolled my eyes.

"Go right ahead" She said before I yanked her bonnet off.

"Ok you got beef with me or sumn? that was kinda aggressive," she turned around, frowning at me.

"You better Shush! before I leave your hair," I turned her head back in place with both my hands.

It has been 45 minutes since I started, and I'm about halfway done but this gurl literally fell asleep. I changed her position, trying not to wake her up. I laid her head on my left leg with the undid side of her hair facing up.

I wrapped a blanket over her before counting retwisting. I decided to take a break cause my hands started cramping, but after a few minutes I continued with her hair.

We were both lying on the bed, I was finally done with her hair but Tiwa was still sleeping. I scrolled on my phone watching tiktok, Tiwa stirred on my chest before popping her head up looking confused.

"You slept good," I said. She blinked a few times, before stretching out her arms.

"Fuck...what time is it?" she whined, dragging out her words. Tiwa sat up slowly, running her hand through her hair.

"You wanna go check yo hair?" I asked.

She got up and headed to the bathroom, "damn, you ate down ma." She turned her face to the side, to get a better look in the mirror.

I furrowed my brows up, "yeah, you better like it,"

"Thank you mami, I love it," she turned to me and kissed my lips.

                                     ๑๑๑๑๑๑

I go downstairs to the kitchen to find something to munch on before starting our show, The L word. Tiwa walked up behind me and wrapped her hands around my waist, kissing on my neck.

"Ma'am, can you just lemme breathe?" I turned around to face her.

"No, can't do," she took a good sniff of my neck. She continued, "Damn, you smell mad sexy."

"You keep saying shit like this, and not do anything about it" I scrunch my face up.

She leaned in for a kiss, "Bet! Come on upstairs."

"Stop it, your mom!" I pulled away, maybe a bit too hard. Shoving her to the counter, as Jemima walked into the kitchen.

"Tiwa, leave that girl alone," Jemima said, grabbing a beer from the fridge before heading back upstairs.

I turned to face Tiwa with a confused look on my face. "I told her about us, she knows," she smiled at me.

"And she's cool with it?" I asked before she nodded.

She cupped my face, "she's not gonna say nothin, I'm still your little secret."

"Don't say it like that. You do know I wanna come out to my mom right?" my smile faltered a bit.

I didn't mean it like that...please cmon," She pleaded. I got the bowl of popcorn before walking to the living room.

I can't even be mad at her, cause it's not even her fault. My ENTIRE family is very homophobic, I grew up catholic in an African household. So it's best to hide my sexuality because if I'm being honest, I'm not ready to lose any of my family members yet, especially my dad; I look up to him and I can already see the hurt in his eyes when I do decide to come out. Like the thought of not seeing them ever again scares me.

"I'm so sorry ma, I didn't know that affected you," She followed behind me.

I avoided her glare, "It's okay my love, let's just watch the show please," I sat on the couch before grabbing the remote.