44.

Adam's POV

I wasn't good with jetlags, hated long flights like this.

Of course the fucker had to hide somewhere on the other side of the world. Couldn't have picked Italy or Spain?

Before coming to Australia, I checked all the flights. Hacked into the airport systems.

Jayden didn't have a private plane, so he had to take a commercial flight.

And he did.

Baby Hayes was right, she was damn right. He flew to Australia a few weeks ago.

Bringing Nova with us to Australia definitely wasn't what I wanted, but I had no choice.

If I left without her, she would've came after us all by herself, which was even more dangerous.

It was still very early when I walked downstairs, straight to the kitchen, straight to the coffee.

Peter was also standing in the kitchen. "Jetlag?" I chuckled. "How do people do this" he groaned.

"Don't ask me" I grabbed a cup of coffee and leaned against the counter.

"Morning" Matt groaned as he also walked in the kitchen.

Look at us, three of the biggest criminals and we could barely wake up in the morning.

"I will go wake Nova up" Peter said as he walked out of the kitchen.

The one with the biggest mouth was the one who was still sleeping.

Wanted to go kill him straight away - couldn't wake up now.

Only a couple of minutes later, Peter walked back in the kitchen. Pale as fuck.

"She's not in her room" Peter said, looking at me.

"What? Did you check the bathroom?" I asked, Peter immediately nodded.

This little brat ran off when I specifically told her to stay here.

Didn't plan on babysitting someone, planned on just killing Jayden and going back to London.

But hey, guess I had to find baby Hayes first.

"For fuck sake, I knew we should've left her in London" I grabbed my gun and just when I wanted to walk out of the door, Matt grabbed my arm.

"Wait, did you see this?" He pointed at my phone, it probably went off and I didn't even realize.

I looked down at it, looking at the texts and picture.

Jayden

Oi Adam
It's pretty easy to kill a Hayes
Proved that once
Will prove it again
2 out of 2

And after all those idiot texts, a picture of Nova.

"Fuck!" I said as I threw my phone against the wall.

"What now?" Both Matt and Peter looked at me. They were waiting for me to make a decision, to come up with a plan right away.

But I couldn't. That's why I was the right hand, not the mastermind.

"Adam" Matt said. "What are we gonna do?"

"I-I don-" I was frozen. I underestimated Jayden, again.

This wasn't our plan, wasn't what we prepared for.

I looked at Peter and Adam, who were staring back at me.

"Call Julian" I looked at Peter. "Now!"