36.

I walked in Julian's mansion only a couple of hours later.
Lando didn't come with me, he wanted to - but fortunately he had to go to the MTC.

I also didn't want him to come here. This wasn't a normal mansion, this is where all the art was, guns, his boys.

Usually, the laughter and talking welcomed you as you walked through the door but there was none of that right now.

No laughter, no talks, nothing.

I walked to Julian's office, which was empty as well.

Fuck, I missed him.

I wish I never said those things to him. Underneath all the stealing, he was a good person.

An even better brother.

He let me go to Monaco, not because he wanted me to betray Lando, but because he knew Jayden wasn't good for me.

He knew this life wasn't the life I wanted.

He wanted a better life for me, even if it meant that he had to let me go.

Then he came back to Monaco - not because he wanted to push me into Jayden's stupid plan, but because Jayden was getting impatient and he wanted to protect us.

I wish I listened to him, I wish I just trusted him.

Everything would be different now. He would still be here and I wouldn't have betrayed him.

The only family I have left.

"Good to see you little Hayes" I quickly turned around, Jayden was leaning against the doorframe, a smirk on his face.

"Oh Jayden" I smiled, fake. "You scared me"

"Oh did I? It's not that weird to see me here though?" He walked up to me. "Or is it?"

"No" I shrugged. "I mean, you're always here"

But I thought you would be in jail, fucker.

He leaned down on Julian's desk, looking at me. "You're still bad at lying princess"

"What do you mean?"

"You're here because you framed Julian, I'm quite sure about that" he let his eyes travel down on my body. "But why? Why did you frame him?"

I said nothing. I framed him because I was stupid.

"Did you get away or something?" I asked instead.

"No" he shook his head. "Julian took Matt and Adam for the job"

Fuck, literally everything backfired.

"He didn't trust me or something" He let his finger brush against my arm. "Which is funny because you're the one that betrayed him"

I took a step back.

"So Lando and you?" He looked up at me. "Is that any serious?"

"Yes it is serious Jayden"

He pushed himself off the desk, walking closer to me.

"It's just weird you know, because I thought you were dating me when you left to go to Monaco"

With every step he took, I took a step back.

"And then all of a sudden, you're dating another dude, someone who was no idea how our life works"

"It's not my life anymore Jayden" I said, taking another step back.

"It will always be your life - you're a Hayes"

My back was pressed against the wall and he was standing in front of me with a smirk.

"And with Julian gone, you're next in line"

I don't wanna be next in line, I don't wanna be in the line at all.

"Would be a shame if something happened to you, right?" He said, brushing his finger against my neck.

A shiver rolled over my body.