19.

Nova's POV

I slammed the car door shut after me. Didn't wait for Julian or Lando to walk in the hotel.

But this wasn't about me or Lando - this was about Piper. It was her birthday after all.

I hooked my arm in hers, pulling her with me. "You wanna go to the spa?"

"I would love to" she said excited. "But what about-" she looked back at Lando and Julian.

"They can sort out our rooms in the meantime"

"Right" she said as she looked back at Julian, wrapped her arms around him, whispered something to him and turned back to me.

"Let's get a massage" she said as she pulled me with her.

And that's exactly what we did. We got a massage, took a swim in the pool and just relaxed together.

She didn't ask me what happened in the car, didn't bring it up. That's why I enjoyed being around her so much.

She knew exactly when I didn't want to talk about things.

"Let's go back to our men" she said after an hour or two.

"Your man" I corrected her. "And Lando"

She chuckled and shook her head.

I definitely wasn't excited to go back.

—————————-

"I am not sleeping with you in the same room" I pointed at Lando. "I am gonna ask them for another room"

"There is no other room" Lando put his hand on the door, keeping me from walking out. "There were only two rooms left"

I sighed. I definitely wasn't gonna ruin birthday sex for Piper so I couldn't ask her to share a room with me.

"Well, I'm going for a walk" I said, pushing him away and walking out.

God - I hated him. Couldn't stand to be in the same room as him.
He embarrassed me, made me think that he actually wanted me too.

Lies all lies.

The way he looked at me. The way he seemed to want my attention.

Lies. Lies. Fucking lies.

I walked back in an hour later, it was already late. Not that late though, only 8pm or so but it was dark and I didn't want to walk outside alone in the dark.

I opened the hotel door. The lights were off - Lando probably also left for a walk or whatever.

I didn't care.

Just as I was about to turn the lights on, I noticed thousands of little stars around the room.

It was as if I was looking at a sky full of stars, right here in my room.

Lando was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed in front of his chest and he was looking at me.

"How are the stars tonight, Nov?"

"What is this?" I asked softly. My heart was beating so fast.

He walked up to me, took my hand in his and looked at me. "I love you Nova"

"But you sai-" I mumbled before he interrupted me. "Shut up and listen for once"

"I love you and I'm in love with you. Thought about telling you a lot of times - all the time since you came back actually"

He looked up at the stars projected around the room.

"Felt like the only right way of telling you was under a sky full of stars"

He put his hand on my cheek. "I am sorry, I fumbled yesterday evening, was caught by surprise and I thought you said it without thinking about it"

"All I think about is you" I whispered.

He leaned closer to me, his lips brushed against mine. "Everything I do is for you"

And then he kissed me, exactly how I imagined. With love, so much love.

One hand on my cheek, his other hand against my lower back.

He picked me up and carried me to the bed. Laying me down on it, carefully.

He replaced the hotel sheets with fuzzy blankets. Did I already tell you how much of a sucker I was for those?

"Did you bring them with you?" I asked, brushing my hand against it.

"Bought it" he said, laying down next to me. "While you were in the spa with Pipes"

I smiled. We both laid down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling, at the stars.

"The stars are shining pretty bright tonight" I whispered.

And he was the reason for it.