38.

If there was one thing I was good at, then it was blocking my emotions.

Not showing people what I felt - straight face.

But it was different with Lando. He saw straight through me.

"Okay, why are there lots of guys sitting in their cars in front of my house?" Lando pointed at the door as he walked inside.

"Security" I mumbled.

I did as Adam told me, I went back to Lando, laid down on his couch the entire time.

"Why?" He walked to me, looked at my face and immediately sat down next to me. "What happened?"

"Jayden shot Julian" I said, putting my face on his chest. "I don't think he will make it"

Lando didn't say anything. He was quiet, the room was quiet.

There was only silence left.

Lando was so good for me that evening, he listened to me - listened to everything I told him.

Everything that happened in my fucked up life.

Everything why I hated being a Hayes.

And when I needed a break, he held me in his arms, kissing me softly.

"Your brother is strong, he will make it" Lando whispered, kissing the top of my head.

Unfortunately Lando, no one is strong enough to catch a bullet.

Not even Julian.

"We have to call Piper" I mumbled. I was so numb.

Lando nodded. "I will call her baby"

He made me tea, grabbed blankets and we laid outside together.

Looking up at the sky, it was so cloudy that there were no stars.

Almost no stars, there was one.

Not a good sign.

"You're lucky I said no that night, who wants to marry into this fucked up family" I chuckled sarcastically.

"I do" Lando said, all serious. "If it wasn't for your family, I would've lost all my cars and watches"

"Not necessarily" I shrugged.

If it wasn't for our family, Jayden would never even know Lando.

But it was still cute how he tried to defend us.

"Whatever, I like the Hayes siblings" he smiled, pulling me closer against him. "Especially that little thief that turned good for me"

"Besides, if you don't wanna be a Hayes anymore" he put my chin between his thumb and index finger, making me look up at him. "I can always make you a Norris"

It was the first time tonight, that I smiled. Genuinely smiled.

"I would love that" I mumbled before kissing him.

I think an hour passed when Lando's doorbell rang. We looked at each other and I ran, I ran to the door.

I opened the door, Adam was standing in front of me.

And he didn't need to say anything - I could read it off his face.

"Don't-" I said.

I wasn't ready to hear it, not yet.

Please, give me a little longer thinking I still had a brother.

Thinking Julian would walk up to me to make a sarcastic remark about my white dresses. About me wearing sunglasses in the car.

Him always protecting me.

Just a little longer.

Let me stay delusional a little longer.

I sighed, looked up at him and nodded.

"I am so sorry Nova" Adam said almost in a whisper. "He didn't make it"