Chapter 16: Princess Yulia*

Pandorica's natural state was chaos.

It wasn't like there were no laws or order in the courtrooms. It was simply the fact that everyone was born even more unequal than an Earthling. There were those who awakened a 'Class', and those who didn't. Even among them existed discrepancies.

The woman who now went by the name of 'Yulia Pandorica' had such an experience herself. She had a secret that only she was privy to. Memories that should not have existed flowed through her head.

She remembered a lifetime of being known by a different name. A time when she wasn't the second princess out of five siblings. Though this also brought out a new perspective about her situation.

Yulia awoke with new eyes.

She traversed the imperial palace.

Seeing everything in a brand new light.

Her steps were uncomfortably silent.

She passed by her older sister's game room. Princess Anita wasn't paying attention as usual. Only those in the family knew that King Ramos entrusted her the role of data manipulation. It was her given duty.

What was unfair was that Prince Rain, the third and most forgettable of the siblings, was allowed to share a bit of that responsibility. He was allowed to laze around since he was a young man rather than woman. His prospects brighter than his sisters.

At least he wouldn't be married out of the family.

Instead acting as backup for the main line.

This was his own responsibility.

And the job he could choose for himself.

It was similar to how Prince Argent's role was to oversee the ascenders who had yet to commit any crimes. Ramos made it clear that under his rule, all imperial family members must have a responsibility.

Those who didn't were to find one themselves.

Or accept responsibility when they're called upon.

The latter mostly aimed towards the princesses.

They knew their fates.

Princess Yulia took it upon herself to become a palace manager. Her role was to keep the place clean and security firm. Having subordinates in every corner, and did any job entrusted by the new King.

She also had a particular job that remained a secret.

Something she couldn't speak of to her siblings.

There was a mostly innocent atmosphere she envied in that room, but struggled to reach out to them. Her role was much dirtier than their own, and she could only be content regardless of her previous life.

She passively accepted her responsibilities.

As well as her eventual fate as a bargaining chip.

"I should check on him." Yulia thought. It wasn't like she could stand by the door and watch the siblings forever. Never to be by their side in future. All she could do was remember their times as children.

When their father had yet to become a 'Fallen King'.

When their brother still cared for their thoughts.

Such thoughts stopped when she had check on him.

She remembered the words of King Ramos:

"Keep an eye on him." Her brother knew exactly what watching over the previous king entailed, and he still left it to the second princess. It was the only way to keep the Reigning Queen unaware of this.