Chapter 11: Martial King

There were many who would think that actions out of compassion came with strings and restraints attached to them. A bad neighbourhood bred bad impressions when it came to the nature of humanity.

However, not everything was all dark and grey.

Kang Hyuk proved this from the moment he'd met the duo of 'old geezers' in Gaia. They were originally stumbling about in life. Their constitutions were bad and looked like they'd went through a lot to get here.

That day, the duo were really worse for ware...

Kang Hyuk, the caring ascender of Pandorica, wore a personalised white hanfu. It looked like a pair of t-shirt and pants. He was different from them. His way of life had being a nice guy as a stipulation.

Like he couldn't live without being a busybody.

After 'ascending' to such an abnormal world, Hyuk was taken aback by the lack of interest people had of him. No one checked his identity or even cared where he came from. It was a different experience.

If this was the Jianghu he knew, there would have certainly been someone who'd overcharge him for food and water. Those who fought him simply because the girl they liked was 'stolen' were many.

However, nothing of the sort had happened here.

Was this the nature of the 'Divine Realm'?

Things were truly hard to comprehend in this fantasy world. After all, people didn't abide by logic or rationality. All they cared about was the so-called Job Class or the position they had in the monarchy.

They seemed more driven by instincts...

His first day in the realm above his own was spent living like a beggar, but distinctly better than his own world. Although having no roof over his head was concerning, Kang Hyuk wasn't uncomfortable.

He laid down a blanket next to a nearby stall selling meat, then he looked around. His mouth covered in drool. Looking between the food and his memories of the past. The kind of low quality food he's used to.

The owner of the stand gave him a look.

"What's a dud like you hanging around for?" That voice wasn't pleasant. He sounded like an average worker that had been doing this forever. Thus, the youthful ascender pointed at himself in response:

"Me?" Hyuk was being self-conscious.

"Yeah, you're not here to cause trouble... Right?"

"..." Although the man wasn't much of a fighter, the presence and vitality of the man was something that caught Hyuk's attention. He was sure that this man had the talent to become a known figure in Jainghu.

If this man was taught as a child in the ways of martial arts, he would have made progress better than the ordinary talents of Hyuk's time. This man would have become a Sword King or Sabre King.

However, that begged a question...

A mere stall owner in this world was so healthy?

Another look around allowed him to see that most of these residents of Gaia had 'optimised growth'. They all had healthy skin and pure bodies. The only ones who stood out even among them were the 'Classed'.

Those who cultivated the power system of Gaia.

It made him feel like he was in a land ruled by foreigners who had the characteristic of beauty. It was a strange precedent compared to tan skin from heat, and pale skin from living in the snowy plains.

As someone who had traversed his world, he knew that the only reason 'races' existed between humans was simply adapting to climate. If that was true, then the scene before him could be explained better.