Chapter Fifteen

*Kalama*

An irritating sensation came over my foot. I drew my legs up to get away, but it followed. I mumbled something I didn’t understand. I heard a laugh. “Come on, Love. It’s time to get up.” It was Caspian. I groaned,

“Five more minutes.” He laughed again.

“If you’re late for your training session, Neal will have my head.” I groaned again, sitting up and stretching. 

“Come on, today’s my Luna Ceremony.” He smiled.

“He thought you might try that. Told me that if you’re late, he’ll add an extra five miles.” I glared at him.

“Alright. I’m going.” I threw the covers off, “But I am not happy about it.” He chuckled, smacking my ass as I went to change.

*Caspian*

I left Kalama to get ready for her training session with my Pack Gamma, Neal. Training had been harder for her these past few days. The bruises had turned a healing yellow and the gash above her eyebrow was sealed the day after her fight with Delilah. Her ribs, however, took longer. I had watched those sessions intensely; sure, she wouldn’t have been able to take Neal’s aggressive regime with half healed ribs. Boy, had she proven me dead wrong. Not once did she complain during the ten-mile run in the woods that lined the south edge of Green Grove territory. Neal and I had kept quiet when she stopped to vomit half-way through, as did she. Nor, did she say anything when Neal had gotten her hard in the side. I had been ready to beat Neal into a bloody pulp, but Kalama had picked herself up off the floor and continued. It seemed that the fight with Delilah had ignited something in her. It’d only been a few days since, but Kalama seemed faster, stronger. She was able to land blows on Neal, that no other member could, although she still hadn’t been able to pin him. She was happy just to land a few blows. The day he had hit her in the ribs, he’d received a bloody nose. She still had bruising along the front of her ribs, but they were yellow and would soon be gone. If only training, her fire was going as well. She still couldn’t light the candle, which frustrated her and often ended with her in the shower trying to avoid bursting into flame, or a fire flare, as we had come to call them.

The packhouse was fuller than usual. The guests had started arriving the day before yesterday. I walked into a room a few doors down from my office. Julie sat at the table in the corner of the room. She and Sam had put the room together for Kalama’s office. Dark red walls with navy blue undertones. A large, dark mahogany desk sat on one side of the room, two matching chairs sat in front of the desk. The table and chairs that Julie sat at, were the same dark mahogany. A floor-to-ceiling bookcase took up the wall opposite the door, two oversized chairs on either side.  We had surprised Kalama the day after the fight with Delilah. Her favorite part of the room was the wall behind the desk, where framed photos hung. Julie and Sam had gone around to members of the pack and taken their pictures. John, Julie, and their girls, Neal and Luke, Sam, Ben and Jackson, and Nani were just a few. They had taken our picture too, sitting it on the desk. I couldn’t help but smile a little as I looked at the photos of the pack members. “Can I help you, Alpha?” Julie looked up from the laptop that sat on the table. I shook my head.

“I was just seeing if everything was going okay with the Ceremony.”

“Everything is great. The Omegas are currently setting everything up on the side yard, Annie and Nani are hard at work getting the last-minute menu items in order, and Neal has made sure that the Warriors are on high alert.” I nodded, satisfied. I didn’t want anyone or anything to mess this day up. “What about the surprise?” Julie smiled, 

“It’s in my room. I’ll have an Omega set it up once she’s done with training.” I nodded again. 

“Well, if anything comes up, let me know.”