Chapter Two

Kalama*

Caspian placed a hand on my shoulder, sending sparks up and down my body. “This is Dr. Barker, He’s just going to make sure that you’re okay.” I wasn’t sure why, but I felt better with him by my side. “That’s because he is our mate.” Ash purred. I still wasn’t sure about this claim, but I wasn’t going to disagree. I had gone against Ash’s warnings once before and that had landed me chained to a bed for months. “He would never do anything to hurt us. He is our mate and genuinely loves us.” I didn’t reply, instead I allowed myself to relax into his touch. The doctor stepped forward. His brown hair was cut short to his head and his brown eyes were soft. He wore a white lab coat over a pair of jeans and a black shirt, that hung nicely on his well tone body. “Mine.” A soft growl came from next to me. I looked at Caspian, his dark blue eyes were angry. I had spent too much time looking at the doctor. I smiled, apologetically, leaning my head against his hard stomach and took a deep breath. The smell of fresh fallen rain wrapped around me, filling my sense, and relaxed me even more. He wrapped his arm around me, hugging me close. Reassured that I was his, he relaxed, but kept his firm hold on me. I looked at the doctor, a knowing smile on his face.

“Well, now that, that has been taken care of. Ms. I would like to do an exam. Just to make sure that the fever didn’t cause any lasting damage.” I nodded. “Can you tell us your name?”

“Kalama.” I said. Dr. Barker nodded in approval. He asked other questions, like how I got in the woods. I gave him a simple answer about how I had gotten lost and hoped he wouldn’t read into it much. He also ran several test, checking my heart and lungs, and also took several vials of blood. “Everything seems to be in working order.” Dr. Barker said. “There is one other thing I would like to ask.” I looked at him, fearing the worse.

*Caspian*

What a beautiful name, Kalama, meaning fire. The name fit my Love perfectly, with her dark red hair and flaming eyes. Dr. Barker had asked questions, of which Kalama answered simply, however, something told me she wasn’t telling the whole truth and I wondered what she was hiding. Dr. Barker placed his stethoscope back around his neck. “Everything seems to be in working order.” I couldn’t help but smile, thankful that my Love was okay. “There is one thing I would like to ask. The scars?” I felt Kalama tense. “Why are you scared? I have never seen someone with so many.” It was a question that I had been wondering myself. Kalama hesitated,

“I’m clumsy. Always falling.” she said. I knew it was lie. I looked at Dr. Barker, his look told me that he too knew she was lying but wouldn’t push it. I nodded, giving Kalama a gentle squeeze. My Love had been through something horrible, but she wasn’t ready to talk about it, I would respect her and be there when she was. Dr. Barker cleared his throat.

“Very well. You pass the exam.”

“Do I have to stay in the hospital, or can I go?”

“I see know reason to keep you. However, I will run the blood samples, they may give us some answers to the fever.” Kalama nodded.

“Thank you.” Dr. Barker nodded, turning to leave, closing the door behind him. I looked down into her eyes, lust and desire swirled in their flames, sparking my own desire. Bay howled in my head, pushing himself forward. He wanted to calm his mate. I pushed him back, causing him to growl.

“MINE!”

“Idiot, can’t you see. Someone has hurt her. You, coming out is the last thing she needs right now. Be patient, you will have your mate soon enough.” Bay whined in reply. He knew I was right, but the need to calm his mate wasn’t something he could just turn off, though he did settle down. I focused again on her. “My Love, can you walk, or do I need to carry you?” She smiled, making my insides melt.