Chapter Six

*Kalama*

Julie led me to the next room. I could hear the voices of people and the cladder of silverware on plates before I entered the room. Once I did, the voices and cladder stopped, as nearly fifty members of the Pack set their eyes on me. Keeping my face neutral, I nodded to everyone. Julie led me to the food table, the whispers of, Luna, filling my ears. I ignored the stares and whispers, piling my plate with fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a roll with butter. Still ignoring the stares and whispers, I led Julie to a table, towards the head of the room, where three others, a she-wolf and two men, were eating. They stopped as I approached, looking at me with admiration. I looked at them, smiling, “May we join you?” The male closest to me, stood. He towered over me. His chiseled biceps were bigger than my head and stretched the black t-shirt to its limit. His bald head, shined under the light. Black stubble lined his jaw and his eyes were dark, but shined with the grin on his face. Everything about him screamed, Warrior. “We would be honored, Luna. Beta Julie.” He said, pulling both mine and Julie’s chairs out so we could sit. “I’m Jackson.” He said, offering his hand. I took it,

“Kalama.” Jackson gestured to the other man.

“This is Ben.” There was no doubt that Jackson and Ben were brothers. However, Ben’s black hair was on the shaggier side and his dark eyes held an intensity that only an experienced Warrior could have. Ben’s muscles were just as big as Jackson’s, but I guessed Jackson to be older, if only by a couple years. A scar crawled its way up Ben’s cheek to the corner of his right eye. He nodded at me and I nodded back. I looked at the woman, who bobbed up and down in her chair. I guessed her to be about eighteen, probably just got her wolf. She shared Jackson’s and Ben’s black hair. It was long and held away from her face in a loose ponytail. Even though she sat, I could tell that she was also on the taller side. Her lean body was riddled with muscle. Her eyes were lighter, but I had no doubt that she was Jackson’s and Ben’s sister. I smiled at her, holding my hand out. She went to take it so fast that she nearly tipped over her glass of water. Her face went red as she grabbed the glass, keeping it from spilling. Jackson chuckled, while Ben just shook his head. “You’ll have excuse our sister, Luna. She’s been extremely excited to meet you.” Her face went red again.

“Jackson, you promised not to make a fool of me.” Jackson chuckled again,

“I don’t have to make a fool of you, Sam. You do a good enough job yourself.” Sam frowned at him. I chuckled.

“Don’t worry, Sam. Honestly, I know how you feel.” Sam smiled, her cheeks lightening. Sam did most of the talking after that as the rest of us ate. Half-way through, I got the overwhelming feeling that someone was staring at me. I glanced around the room. Everyone seemed to be sneaking glances my way, until my gaze landed on a table at the back of the room. A woman around my age was staring at me. Her grey eyes throwing daggers at me. She had the body of a Warrior. Her dirty blonde hair was cut short, and she seemed to ooze anger, anger at me. I met her gaze, staring until she looked away. I continued eating, though I could still feel her eyes. People soon started finishing and Omegas came in to start cleaning up. The she-wolf who had been looking at me walked over, two other women on either side. I could feel her anger as she came to stand between Ben and Sam. I leaned back in my chair, meeting her dagger filled gaze with one of my own. She leaned on the table. Her eyes flicked to my collarbone, where Caspian’s mark rested. Her lips turned up in a snarl, her canines elongated. 

“A challenge.” Ash purred inside my head.

“Well would you look here? The Alpha’s newest Bitch has joined us.” She said, loud enough for everyone to here. Everyone went silent, waiting to see how I would react. I could hear the low rumble of growls coming from those who sat with me. I knew I couldn’t let her get away with her challenge, but I could give her the option to continue. Ignoring the low growls coming from the Warriors and Julie, I stood, leaning on the table so my face was level with hers.