Chapter Eighteen

*Caspian*

I led Kalama to her office, sitting her down in a chair. She wiped her face, getting straight to business. “Any fatalities?” Neal shook his head.

“Only a few wounded. All expected to make a full recovery. Thanks to you.” 

“Good.” she said, dismissing the last part with a wave of her hand. “What do we know?” 

I sighed, “Apart from it being Elliot Hayes…not much.” Neal chimed in,

“However, we might have someone who does.” Kalama looked at him. Her eyes blazing with a flame that was all Alpha.

“And who might that just be?” A mischievous grin tugged at the corners of Neal's mouth.

“Oh, just a couple newly made outcasts trying to sneak off when you came out blazing fire balls.” Kalama chuckled.

“Good work Neal.” Neal put his hands up.

“Not me. It was all the Warrior Siblings, particularly Sam.” Kalama stood.

“Very well. I am in serious need of a shower and some actual clothes so gi…”

“No.” I cut her off. She looked at me surprised. 

“What?”

“I said no. Neal, John, and I will handle the interrogations. You will go upstairs and rest.” I felt her body tense. She opened her mouth. “I will not have my Luna in the cells. In fact, you shouldn't be a part of any of this anymore.” Anger swirled in the flames of her eyes. When she spoke, her words leaked venom.

“It is because of me that this pack is in this situation in the first place. I will not sit back and…” My own anger leaked out, my Alpha voice shaking the frames on the wall.

“You will!” The hurt on her face broke my heart but there was no way I was going to subject her to the practices of an interrogation. Especially when her control over her flames was so new. If her emotions grew uncontrollable, so too would the fire. She stepped close to me, the hurt that was on her face a moment ago had turned to anger. Heat rolled off her body.

“Do not forget who you are speaking to my Alpha.” Her voice was soft, but full of determination. “I know you are worried about me, but I met what I said to our Pack and for me to do that I have to be there for every part. Do you understand me? I will not have them thinking I am weak…or worse, a lier.” She took my hand. “Please, Caspian.” I let my shoulders sag, sighing.

“Very well. We will go to the cells in two hours.” She smiled, kissing my lips.

“Thank you.” The door closed behind her as she went to get ready. I let out a real sigh this time, looking at Neal, John, and Julie.

“We need to go now. I do not want her down there.” They both nodded, not willing to deny their Alpha. I turned to Julie, “You will not tell Kalama. Understood?” She did not answer right away. I frowned. “That is an order Beta Julie. Do you Understand.” She swallowed,

“Yes, Alpha.”

“Good. Let's go.” Neal and John made to follow me out.

“Alpha, there is someth…” Dr. Barker started. I threw up a hand, 

“It will have to wait Doctor.” I said, without looking back.

*Kalama*

A mindlink came through my dreams. Luna, you wanted awoken in two hours. The Warrior's voice flowed through my mind. I thanked him.

Is the Alpha still in there?

Yes, Luna. I thanked him again, getting out of bed and headed for the stairs.