Chapter 43: The Scout from Chelsea

The team's main goalkeeper, Sebastian Militz, was practicing penalty shootout tactics with the help of his teammates. The matches in the Telecommunications Cup often go to penalty shootouts.

So, they need to practice penalty kicks and defending against them in advance to avoid being unprepared when the time comes.

Facing an empty goal for free kicks always felt like something was missing. So Lin Quan invited the team's backup goalkeeper, Wolf, to help guard the goal.

Although Wolf was the second goalkeeper, being able to serve as a backup for a Bundesliga team meant he had considerable strength.

Facing the free kicks from Debruyne and Lin Quan, he made high dives and low saves, almost catching all their shots.

"Kevin, your shot isn't fast enough, and the trajectory is too predictable. If the goalkeeper is focused, it's difficult to threaten the goal!"

Seeing Debruyne wanting to practice the elevator ball, Wolf spoke up to advise him:

"You need to add some variation to your shots!"

Debruyne put his hands on his hips, pondering over the ball on the ground.

Add some variation to the shot? How do I do that?

The elevator ball requires controlling the spin of the ball and maintaining high speed, which is already quite difficult to achieve.

Adding more variation to it seems challenging.

"Let me try?"

Lin Quan had been practicing outside-of-the-foot shots for a while but always felt lacking compared to Quaresma's. So he became interested in Debruyne's elevator ball practice.

He didn't know if Messi had this move in his arsenal, as Messi often prefers to take curved free kicks. Lin Quan hadn't seen the elevator ball himself.

Debruyne nodded, stepping aside.

Lin Quan stood at the penalty spot, took a deep breath, and thought about the movements of several elevator ball masters: Cristiano Ronaldo, Pirlo, Juninho...

He took a few steps back, then sprinted forward. After aiming carefully, he struck the ball.

Wolf stood in front of the goal, unmoved. There was no ball in the goal, of course.

So, where did the ball go?

At this moment, a bystander near the sidelines, who was almost hit by the ball, expressed his frustration!

"Sorry, sorry, didn't hurt you, did I?"

Lin Quan hurriedly ran to the sidelines to apologize to the person.

He hadn't controlled the angle of the shot well, and the ball soared high, flying more than fifty meters before coming down.

The other person rubbed his dizzy head while looking up at the perpetrator, seemingly wanting to remember which jerk kicked him.

Seeing Lin Quan's green team jersey with the number 10 printed on it, the other person seemed to recall something.

"You're the winger from Werder Bremen?"

Lin Quan was a bit surprised that someone recognized him after just one official match. Wait a minute, could this guy be a spy sent by Borussia Dortmund to gather intelligence?

Perhaps only competitors would pay such close attention to an opponent's player, Lin Quan thought to himself.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm George Evans, a scout from Chelsea. I watched the video of your match yesterday, and you performed great!"