Chapter 25 System of Reward Standards

Seeing Messi's surprised expression, Xavi and the others were also a bit astonished.

Even Messi himself thought they looked alike?

"How does it feel? Does it resemble your playing style a lot?"

Young Iniesta approached and asked.

Messi nodded seriously, "It does resemble, even to the point where his dribbling skills are not inferior to mine!"

This evaluation surprised Xavi, Iniesta, and the others greatly. Messi actually had such a high opinion of the other player?

"Which team is he from? He seems familiar..."

"He's Guardiola's protégé, our Barcelona academy player. He used to play in the youth team and was loaned to the Bundesliga two months ago. He's currently playing for Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga."

The eldest of the trio, Xavi, explained.

While others might not be very familiar with Lin Quan, as the designated successor to the team, Xavi paid close attention to the younger players in the youth team.

"Our player? Why don't I remember such a talented winger in our youth ranks?"

Messi asked in confusion.

Due to his meteoric rise, many players in the Barcelona academy received significant attention. Among them were players like Bojan, who performed exceptionally well in the youth team but struggled to make an impact in the first team.

If there was indeed such a talented winger in the Barcelona youth team, he should have been famous by now, and Messi shouldn't have completely overlooked him.

"Well, he used to play as a defensive midfielder before. It's only after he joined Werder Bremen that he started playing as a winger."

Xavi explained.

Everyone was speechless. Could this even happen? Switching from a defensive midfielder to a winger?

...

Equally astonished were Barcelona's Sporting Director Zubizarreta and the Youth Team Coach Enrique.

"Thomas Schaaf actually moved him from a defensive midfielder to a forward position?"

On the TV screen in front of them was a replay of Werder Bremen and Kottbus's friendly match. Since Lin Quan only came on as a substitute in the second half, the two skipped the first half and started watching from there.

Seeing Lin Quan, who came on as a substitute, not taking up the defensive midfielder position but standing as a winger, Enrique was dumbfounded.

"Humph, this shows that Schaaf has vision and knows how to use players. Look, this kid is thriving as a winger. I have a feeling his value will skyrocket!"

Clearly, Zubizarreta had already watched the game and fast-forwarded directly to the segment where Lin Quan dribbled past the entire opposition defense and scored.

"Take a look at this!"

After watching, Enrique was left speechless.

If he had some doubts before about Lin Quan's ability to play as a winger, he had none now. The winger position seemed tailor-made for him.

Lin Quan showed no signs of discomfort in this position. On the contrary, he blended in seamlessly.

This made Enrique start to doubt himself: Did he lack the ability to judge people? Did he misjudge the player?

"Coach Enrique, I have to remind you that Lin Quan's contract with the club has less than a year left, and his buyout clause is only €5 million.

Once he performs as well in the Bundesliga as he did in this match, there will be a line of clubs knocking on our door, and unless the player himself wants to stay, we won't be able to keep this rising star!"