Chapter 28: The Second Klose

When Lin Quan broke through with the ball, many spectators held their breath and involuntarily stood up, seemingly wanting a clearer view.

And when Lin Quan dribbled past the winger, evaded the full-back, cut inside, and slotted the ball into the far corner to change the score to 3:2, the crowd erupted.

A wave of enthusiastic cheers erupted from the stands. Some fans, especially those closer to the field, even shouted at Lin Quan: "Lin, well done!" "Brilliant!" "Hit them hard!" "Score another one!"

Some fans even attempted to climb over the barriers to rush onto the field to celebrate with Lin Quan.

This made the sideline security very nervous, and they quickly stopped those enthusiastic fans.

Lin Quan was startled by the fans' enthusiasm. After a moment of bewilderment, he waved to the fans, thanking them for their support, and quickly ran off.

He had heard that Bundesliga fans were very passionate, especially the die-hard fans.

But he didn't expect it to be to this extent. Bundesliga stadiums usually have high barriers around the field to prevent fans from entering.

But now it seemed that even with the barriers, it wasn't entirely safe.

Lin Quan didn't realize he was so popular among the fans; after all, he hadn't played in any official matches for the team yet, just one friendly.

He didn't know that among the over thirty thousand spectators present today, nearly ten thousand had specifically come to watch this friendly match after seeing his spectacular goal in the previous game online.

With the rapid development of social media, becoming famous with just one goal has become much easier compared to the past.

After Lin Quan scored, the home team's coaching staff finally breathed a sigh of relief.

"It seems that Lin Quan isn't just a one-time wonder. His dribbling and ball control are still sharp. We can put our worries aside."

Assistant coach Rolf had been worried that Lin Quan's impressive performance in the last match was just a flash in the pan, fearing that he would revert to his previous form in the next match.

If such an unexpected situation occurred, it would greatly affect their newly formulated plans for the new season.

Teams like Werder Bremen, a mid-table club, usually rely on ordinary players to play.

It's difficult to keep top-tier stars, as soon as there's a good prospect, they're immediately poached by top clubs.

Just like their former players, Klose and Ozil, they were snatched away by Bayern Munich and Real Madrid at high prices before they even had time to settle.

They knew they couldn't keep potential stars like Lin Quan and De Bruyne, so they didn't entertain the idea of buying out these two players.

They were very pragmatic and just wanted to rely on these potential stars to improve the team's performance and fulfill the club's mission to avoid relegation.

But if these two players' performance plummeted unexpectedly, it would be a thunderbolt out of the blue for Werder Bremen, whose tactics were built around them.

As the game continued, although Werder Bremen's defensive issues weren't resolved after Lin Quan came on, their offensive firepower was completely activated.

Lin Quan's dribbling ability, Phil Grueck's passing ability, De Bruyne's vision, and the outstanding positional play of the team's other elder statesman, left winger Aaron Hunt, linked up to create a formidable attacking system for Werder Bremen, making Aberdeen's goal seem like it was under constant threat.