Chapter 16: The First Encounter with De Bruyne

Time flew by, and in the blink of an eye, a month had passed.

At the end of June, the days leading up to the team's training camp were getting closer.

Werder Bremen's preseason training for the new season was scheduled to begin on July 3rd. Before that, players were gradually arriving from various places to join the team.

The first to arrive was undoubtedly Lin Quan himself, as he had been training alone at the base for over a month.

Through this period of training, he had fully adapted to various abilities of peak Messi.

In the future, when he used various techniques of Boss Messi, it wouldn't feel so awkward anymore.

Not only that, his height had increased by one centimeter, reaching 173 centimeters.

His weight had also increased from 65 kilograms to 67 kilograms.

The increase in height and weight made his previously somewhat slender figure appear stronger.

His ability to engage in physical confrontations had also improved, and his ball control had become stronger.

Swoosh! With a crisp sound, the football drew a wonderful arc, soaring high over the wall, then rapidly descended, sneaking into the top left corner of the goal.

On this day, he arrived at the training ground early, only to find someone had arrived even earlier than him.

It was a young player around six feet tall with golden hair.

The other party hadn't noticed Lin Quan's arrival and was still focused on shooting.

Lin Quan glanced from the sidelines and realized the other party was practicing free kicks.

However, rather than saying he was practicing, it looked more like he was venting his anger.

The way he kicked the ball seemed as if the football had wronged him.

However, despite kicking the ball with such force, the ball still accurately flew into the goal from the dead angle of the goalpost.

It had to be said, this guy's footwork was outstanding.

Seeing this, Lin Quan guessed the person's identity.

This should be Kevin De Bruyne, the player loaned from Chelsea.

Clap, clap, clap! Lin Quan applauded the other's splendid footwork.

Hearing the applause, De Bruyne stopped and glanced back at him.

Seeing Lin Quan wearing the same jersey as himself, he nodded at Lin Quan, as a form of greeting.

After exchanging greetings, he continued to focus on training without intending to chat with Lin Quan.

Lin Quan knew De Bruyne was a quiet and introverted player, so he didn't pay much attention to his behavior.

If he had seen De Bruyne enthusiastically come over to greet him, he might have suspected something was wrong with De Bruyne!

He had no intention of disturbing De Bruyne's training, so he went to the equipment room to get his training gear. After selecting a spot and setting up the training equipment, he started practicing alone.

After about half an hour of training, Lin Quan noticed that someone seemed to be watching him.

So, he glanced towards the sidelines and saw that De Bruyne had stopped training at some point and was standing on the sidelines, watching him practice.