Chapter Twenty Two • Charlie's Angels

Valentina

I glance at my reflection in the long mirror propped up in my room.

It's October 31st. Millie, Carrie and I have decided to spend the night partying. We're all dressed up as Charlie's angels. We're gonna go to a bar, get drunk, and look good while doing it. They're bringing dates.

I'm wearing black platform stilettos, tight black leather pants and a bodycon lace camisole top that serves as a good push up bra.

I look hot as hell.

I straightened my hair and put on some big hoops. With smaller earrings to match the outfit in my other piercings.

I take another sip out of my wine glass. My second wine glass. So I might be a little tipsy.

I pull out my phone and start texting Mark.

Me: what're u up to?????

That was probably one too many question marks but it looks like two to me.

Mark 🔅: I might be going out with some friends. Not sure yet. You?

Me: well I am going to a bar with my fellow charlies angels ;)

Mark 🔅: oh yeah?

Me: (sent an image)

Considering I probably won't remember this tomorrow, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Holy crap. I just sent Mark a picture of my top. I look back at the picture and my cheeks flush. The picture shows my lips down to my breasts. My lips are shaded a crimson red and slightly parted. The angle makes my breasts pop.

I start to quietly freak out. What did I just do? And why is he not answering?

"Hey, Val!" Millie yells as she struts into my room in her leather pants, combat boots and a see through half shirt.

Carrie comes in after her in leather pants, thin black heels and high-neck, sleeveless half shirt.

"Are you okay?" Carrie comes closer.

I softly shake my head, closing my mouth and handing them the phone.

"Why isn't he answering?" I plead for an answer, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Everyone good?" Silvanna's voice floods in from the other room where she's probably chatting with Carlos, Carrie's boyfriend, about their common premed tracks.

"Just a minute!" Millie yells back.

"Val , I wouldn't stress it. He's probably just freaking out about how good you look." Carrie reassures me, her hand on my knee.

"That or he's jer-" Millie's words are cut short by both Carries and my glare. "Never mind."

"C'mon, let's get ready to go. I'm sure he'll answer soon." Carrie says, pulling me up off the bed.

I'm a little bummed he hasn't answered, hoping I'd had an effect on him. But I won't let that get in the way of the night I'm about to have. So I down the last of my wine and walk out of my room with the girls.

"Silvanna! Carlos! You guys look amazing!" I gush over my friend's dates.

Silvanna's costume is Kim Possible, her red hair tying the whole outfit together.

Carlos is going as a vampire, with his hair slicked back and his fake fangs sticking out of his mouth.

We all jump as we hear three loud knocks on the door. Almost like someone's trying to break in. I look at everyone else, unsure what to do.