Chapter 10 - Journey for a New Life [3]

3rd POV

Without any more problems, Rimuru escorted the group back to the village. It was refreshing for her to see no offensive reactions once they noticed that it was a monster village filled with different races. No less evolved was everyone. 

"What is this Village?!" Elen asked surprised 

"Oh, sorry, but we do not have a name for it at the moment." Rimuru answered honestly, not that she cared about that right now. 

"That's obviously not what I meant—eh??? Auntyy???????" Elen couldn't have been more surprised as Sylvia suddenly emerged from the tent that Rimuru had guided them to. 

"What? You can go out and become an Adventurer, but your Aunt can't experience her own life. You make me sad~" Sylvia said while playing as if it actually hurt her. 

'There she goes again... not even one second, and she's completely fallen for Elen again,' Rimuru thought, one reason why Rimuru had never met Elen in the Castle of Sarion as there was always annoying stuff going on. 

"Enough Sylvia, let us go in first. Our guests must be hungry" Rimuru stated. 

"Yep, you're right. I've asked Sophie to prepare meat on that special thing," Sylvia said, and she meant the Japanese table grill, in a literal meaning. 

Elen looked curiously at Ciel. Even if this was just one of her many whims, she wouldn't let anyone refer to her by name. 'Just who are you, Ciel? ' 

Shizue had followed them silently. Ever since Ciel had saved her, she thought about a way to repay her without finding a solution to that problem. The Hero was surprised to see a Goblin Village with people of different races living in it, but she was amazed at how she couldn't feel even a tiny speck of murderous intent towards them. 

But as soon as they entered the huge tent, Shizue noticed the presence of a demonic being. Alarmed, she stood right before Rimuru in a defensive manner. She took her sword out and didn't hesitate to swing her sword at the neck of the demon. 

Rimuru could have stopped her, but she decided it would be better for them to fight it out now than later. It was an understandable reaction; demons are, by all means, no beings that partner up with others without ulterior motives. Even monsters are prey for them. 

"Shizu!" Elen shouted, surprised and wanted to help her but was stopped by her Aunt immediately. Seeing her relaxed expression, Elen calmed down. 'I've made a fool out of myself once again in front of Aunty' Elen understood that there was no way Sylvia wouldn't notice a demonic presence amongst them. 

Sophie, the demon in question, seemed uninterested at first as she stopped the sword with the chopsticks in her hand. "It's rude to distract other people while they're eating," she said a little angered, but as soon as she saw Shizue's face, she stood up immediately. 

"Wh—what, how?" Shizue was confused. Her sword wasn't moving. What were these pitch-black sticks? Has she been losing strength? Is her end coming slowly? She wouldn't know that the chopsticks were enhanced with Sophie's [Shadow Magic]. 

.

.

.

"I am sorry for this misunderstanding," Shizue said, and everyone who was seated around the table nodded briefly. After sorting out the misunderstanding, they each sat down somewhere around the place. 

"It's normal," Sophie answered, taking a small, perfectly barbequed piece of meat with her chopsticks and eating it gracefully. "But what's not normal is that you come from Japan, right?" the demoness added.