Chapter 8 - Journey for a New Life [1]

3rd POV

"I already said  that I am sorry, didn't I ?!" Veldora said hysterically while following the two women before him. 

"Hmpf-" Sylvia couldn't care less. Accepting the rude dragon's apology was out of the question. She would educate him later, just as Rimuru wanted her to do. 

"Come on, Rimuru, help your brother out" Veldora pleaded as he knew what he was getting into.

"This has nothing to do with me" Rimuru answered "Stop being a nuisance and behave, or I'll have Sylvia know how Velzard did it." She added as her brother already caused her headaches. 

With this, the Storm Dragon remained silent, walking after them at an appropriate distance. He couldn't possibly risk angering them. And so, after just a little over a day, they've returned to the Goblin Village. It would have been much faster if Veldora hadn't slacked off his entire time in that prison.

The three Dryad Sisters, kneeling before Veldora, instantly greeted them. "We greet our Lord and Savior, Storm Dragon Veldora" they said in unison. 

Treyni added, "It is nice to see you've been freed. My thanks Rimuru-sama" 

"Kuahaha, how could such a thing possibly hold me down forever? The great Vel-" Veldora began to boast again until Sylvia rammed her elbow right between his ribs. A Human body sure has its disadvantages. Veldora shouted in pain. 

"You know what that means, right Treyni?" Surprisingly, Rimuru sounded rather serious as she looked down on the Dryad. 

Treyni was startled shortly but smiled. "Fufu- of course, my Princess, we shall pledge our lives to you." 

"That's good. Listen to this tree spirits. Pledge your loyalty to Sylvia, too. After all, I am now under her acting as her bodyguard, puhaha!" Veldora, who had calmed down after the surprise attack, boasted. 

Treyni was surprised. How could a True Dragon be stating such a thing without any thought? Well, after all, it was still Veldora. "Yes, my Lord, we shall be loyal to her Ladyship, and from this day forward, we will serve in the interest of ... now that I think about it, how are we going to name this?" 

"There's no need for that now, although I am surprised to see these tents. It's not worth having a name for now," Rimuru said. Now tell me what happened here" she ordered. 

.

.

.

The Kingdom of Blumund, a relatively tiny Kingdom bordering directly to the Great Jura Forest, had received the news of Veldora's disappearance. Hence the Minister of Blumund, Baron Veryard has summoned the Guild Leader of the Free Guild (Blumund's Branch) Fuze. 

The retired S-ranked Adventurer Fuze was waiting for his old friend in one of the many rooms of the Baron's Estate. "It's good to see you, old friend, especially in times such as these," Baron Veryard said once he had entered the room, sending out the maids. 

"I am not sure what you think of gaining from meeting me in such a formal way," Fuze answered.

"You've heard of the Storm Dragon Veldora, yes?" Veryard asked 

"Of course, I have" Fuze answered 

"Hmm! As expected of someone like the Guild Master" Veryard countered with a smile, Fuze could smell the trouble from a hundred miles away. There's only one scenario where Aristocrats are friendly like that. 

"So, can you tell me what measures the Guild intends to take" Veryard asked

There it is. Fuze sighed as his thoughts were confirmed. "The Guild doesn't intend to take any particular action at all," the Guildmaster said without any hesitation.