Prologue - The Princess of Monsters

Rimuru POV

"You are already back, Rimuru?" A female voice called me out and the birds that had just landed on my lap immediately escaped from the noise. 

"Already?" I asked "Well it's probably because time flow's different in that dimension where we hold Walpurgis. Those idiots needed to figure out a new title for 10 hours can you believe that?" I added, annoyed and rightfully so.

"That's probably because you've left them hanging once again, right?" The elf that talked to me sat down at my side, and instantly the odor of nature intensified. As if it would have been missing in the Garden.

"Sylvia, your intuition is terrifying" I said honestly 

"You know what's even more terrifying, having your Creator as guest for over 2 thousand years" Sylvia said smiling, how could she say something like that with an innocent face 

"Twilight is your Creator, not me" 

"And from whom did he get the Authority to create life?" Sylvia countered 

"Veldanava" I answered shortly 

"Without asking the one responsible for us Monsters in this World?  I don't think so. I bet he just wanted to dumb his work on you. Now that I think about it, you have the same trait on you~" Sylvia's smile grew into a sinister one. 

"Sometimes I forget you are one of the oldest beings alive...Haa, alright... just what do you want from me?" I asked, somewhat annoyed at her nagging, even if it was more or less like our everyday conversations 

"You've already done enough when you saved us from Lady Milim" Sylvia said honestly.

<<It's Clear that Sylvia's voice was influenced by sadness and regret>> Ciel said suddenly 

<<You think I wouldn't have noticed that? Do you think your Master is this dense?>> I asked angered 

<<Heh.>> I could feel her smugness through and through. I decided not to be swept away in her schemes this time so I ignored what followed.

"It's still not your fault, adding that you've let me stay in this garden of yours as a way to repay is enough. It was not your order to do that. Even I could have prevented it if I had paid more attention to Veldanava's child" I said to ease her shoulders of the responsibility.

"..."

Both of us remained silent and listened to the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and the animals in the garden. Elemsia is the Ancestor of the Elves just a few years back, she was their Queen too, but now she has given her title to her only daughter.

"When are you going to do what you've told me about?" Sylvia asked me, breaking the silence between us.

"Huh? Haven't I told you already?" I asked 

I suddenly felt how Sylvia's [Natur Haki] a specialized Skill of a High Elf, grew stronger. Haven't I given her a satisfying answer? 

<<Master has given the same answer over the last 200 years: 'soon'>> Ciel told me 

The Haki suddenly died down and Sylvia sighed so loud that even I heard it clearly without any Skills. 

"You're just a huge question mark even after living with us for so long" 

Sylvia POV

What I've just said was the truth, she had lived here for so long, and yet I can't fathom her power, nor could I describe it at all. What even was she, what species? I've loved alchemy for a long time and most of the stuff I've come up with was her doing.