Chapter 7 - Interwined Strings

3rd POV

Rimuru and Sylvia walked through the cave, past some unnamed and egoless monsters that the elf took care of with no issues. For her, it was like crushing Ants, which she did not dare to say in the presence of Rimuru. 

"Is this part of the reason why you've wanted to build the town near this cave?" Sylvia asked, surprised as they walked past valuable Magic Steel Ore and Herbs she had never seen in such purity. 

"Of course, well, at least he was good at creating what will be our most valuable assets for a while. Even when it happened passively," Rimuru stated, her voice sounding seriously annoyed.

Sylvia had been thinking about it, but there was no way that Rimuru would cast away a member of her family or treat them like this. Just what did Veldora do to upset her this much? 

'Now that I think about it, there would possibly be a way to create many artificial things without a sweat.' Sylvia thought. 

"Do you plan not to take action for this Project of yours?" Sylvia asked curiously 

Rimuru seemed thoughtful for a moment and then answered, "I wish to create something spectacular. Would it be truly that if I were to create it on my own?" 

"I guess it would not huh?" Sylvia answered after hearing her friend answer.

"Well, I do not plan to sit just around, but at the same time, I won't push anyone just out of favoritism or because I would need it. I do not wish to destroy Veldanava's World by tempering with it wherever I want. Although it wouldn't be a problem to do so- its just haa... a personal thing" Rimuru added afterwards 

"Pfft—" Sylvia couldn't hold her laughter, although she liked what Rimuru had said and took it seriously. It was the first time she had seen a vulnerable Rimuru, not that she actually was, but her little struggle and conveyed feelings of her words made it seem so. 

'I guess I understand now, as expected, this really is something essential for you, huh? I had a hunch, which is why I accompanied her on this journey, but I am happy that she's finally living a life in the way she wants to,' Sylvia thought and once again decided to do everything for her, which was the motivation that she needed to tame the Storm Dragon later on. 

.

.

.

After crossing a small underground lake, they've reached the [Unlimited Prison] of the Hero Chronoa, Chloe, or Hinata. Rimuru was fascinated by their existence. All are one, and yet they are three completely different individuals with their own souls. 

It is a story unbeknown to anyone, not even the ones involving it. 

Chloe, a young woman with the origins of another world, was once summoned to the Cardinal World by chance. Her fate anew after crossing over was not only that but something that she herself couldn't ever have dreamed of. 

As a Hero, she moved and acted upon what her Heart told her—once stumbling upon a slime in the wilderness of the Great Jura Tempest Federation, which another Soul of the exact Origins inhabited as her own. 

The Slime invited her to a Town of Monsters, showing the Hero that there was a way for them to coexist in this world, something that the young Chloe had wanted from the beginning. It wasn't special and just had unnamed Goblins, Direwolves, Lizardmen, and a few humans, as well as other guests from time to time. 

After living together with the blue slime that Veldora named Rimuru, the very one she had sealed off for hundreds of years, she felt like it was her destiny. Gradually, after days of happiness, she fell in love.