Chapter 6 - The Beginning of a New Era

3rd POV

Rimuru's goals were simple. All she wanted was to create a place for monsters to live peacefully. She knew why they had created monsters and their purpose in the cardinal world, but since then, specific individuals have evolved egos like ogres, orcs, higher races, and even goblins.

Ever since then, the Princess of Monsters felt that there wasn't really a difference between monsters with their own will and Humans. If you want to think so, that's what a Human was from the beginning - a kind of Monster with their own will. 

Rimuru did not have any grudge against Humanity. They killed Monsters and vice versa. So why is it that there are the corpses of a few dozen humans at her feet? 

"That was quite brutal" Kaijin noted 

The sight of human bodies being massacred in a split second by Magic as strong as he had never seen before must have surprised the blacksmith. 

"Whatever, it was their fault to go after us. I bet they came after me, not knowing who we are" Sylvia stated calmly. The Elven Ancestor had already been used to this sight now. 

After some seconds of thought, the dwarven brothers all nodded, accepting that truth, realizing that these must have been mercenaries working for the Slave Traders. They must have heard of an elf traveling in these woods. 

<<Ciel, do the exact same thing as you've done with the others>> Rimuru said to her Manas as these disgusting corpses were sullying her beautiful Forrest.

<<Master, you could use these bodies to summon her. You can pin her down to work for a better body. It would be too good for someone like her to be allowed to possess a body clone of yours, at least without any work done for Master.>> Ciel stated 

<<Mhh, you're right, Ciel. Please proceed with the necessities>> Rimuru agreed with it. Obviously, she had the utmost trust in her companion. 

Then, a reddish magic circle was suddenly created around Rimuru. Instinctly, Sylvia and the others jumped back a little. The sheer pressure of Magicules in this place was astonishing. 

"What is Rimuru-sama doing?" Garm asked. None of the dwarves has seen this ritual before, so they wouldn't know. 

"She is summoning something" Sylvia simply said. She didn't want to get into depth with this one as the energy she felt was somewhat troublesome and mysterious. Not knowing how much Rimuru wanted others to know, she remained silent. 

Then, the bodies disappeared only, leaving behind the bloodstains and equipment. 

??? POV

I swung the wine around a little before taking a sip, sitting on my throne in the underworld. I was bored as neither of my arch-demons was present at the moment. Since I was summoned shortly to the overworld by a Demon Lord and gained my name, they swore to become stronger and left to fight demons. 

'How often do I have to say that I do not care about strength at all?' I thought, and a sudden desire shot through my body like a short electric shock. I placed my glass on the armrest of my throne. 

"How disappointing" I uttered, as I wasn't familiar with this loneliness anymore. Usually, I would have had one or two cute demons here. 

But at that moment, my body became stiff for a second as I felt two pairs of glowing red eyes staring at my soul. I remembered this feeling from thousands of years ago. The energy of the one we Primordial Demons call Mother.