☠︎︎🩺 twenty three

Start from the beginning

William looks away from me, going before Jerome as he sat at the edge of his bed. Looking down at him as his hand cradled his face gently.

"Luckily, that won't happen. Jerome is sick and has been for some time. This will bring him to...his best form. I can only imagine what that will be." I watch him sigh, resting his head against his. "You should probably go get Damon, you know? Bring him here so that he can meet his brother again."

I look away from them, because he is right for once. If I bring Damon here...he'll be seeing Jerome and he will be happy.

"I will do that." I nod, looking at him as he stands up. "And where are you off to? You aren't going to stay with Jerome?"

"No, I need to get my own keep situated. I am still the head of the Regularity, after all." William snickers, and I roll my eyes at that fact. "By the time you get here with Damon, Jerome should be close to awakening. Go ahead."

"Fine." I look away, but not before I look back at Jerome once more.

I could tell he was changing... His once frail and fleshy appearance began to harden and he became more impressive by the second.

If that was Damon he'd be absolutely stunning.

And hopefully...it soon will be.

༒︎Damon
***

I've been following the route Elio told me to follow, but I haven't come across anyone. I've only been stared at...and I could tell they all knew who I was.

Who I 'belong' to. That's probably why they haven't tried anything...yet. I am acutely aware...of the one long-haired redhead who's been lingering quite some distance back.

His shadow nonexistent while mine was present. It was eerie because everyone else I came across had one, but him. I know this is who I am looking for. This is the 'William' that Elio is talking about...who he's close with. Or whatever relation they have, since he didn't say that much.

Just that they were working together and that Aleksandr's evils will come to light eventually and he'll see his day... That all that he's done to my kind will come back to haunt him...to punish him.

I still don't know why he did it though. I feel like there's more to it than just...wiping us out.

Unless Aleksandr is truly just...en evil and horrible person. Except I'm hearing a lot of...one sided stories and yes, they're all the same thing, but what about his?

I can't stand him...but at the same time, I find myself...

I stop in my tracks now, sighing as I turn around now.

"Did you follow me?"

I look down at the same vampire I mistook Elio for at the gala. His hands behind his back as he had a curious look in his eyes.

William.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." He seemed to be mimicking what I said that one time when he asked me a question. My answer was similar to that. I face back forward, sighing. "Yes, but not fully. I saw you half way as I was making my way to the other building. I saw you walking through so calmly, so I decided to jump down from the walkway and to you."

I don't say anything, aware that I was near the Regularities building. Their headquarters, their main building - I don't know.

I've been waiting for this moment, and now it's here. Elio wasn't lying...I would come across William, I just didn't think it'd be that easy.

Except now I don't know where to begin.

"How were you able to get out and all the way out here without Aleksandr noticing your disappearance?" William asks me, and I look back at him.