𓆗 𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 - 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

The limp body of Alastor was regarded by Tom; his brows furrowed pensively

The limp body of Alastor was regarded by Tom; his brows furrowed pensively. The streetlamp illuminated his face, as he nudged the body with his foot.

Guilt mixed with twisted triumph; he had killed the Auror who had tried to take him to Azkaban - to take him away from her. It was a wretched way to feel after taking the life of another, but he was a Death Eater. Killing was a given.

"I'm no detective, of course, but I believe this dead body might not be alive anymore." He observed dryly.

Shock was written over her face, she still couldn't believe what she had witnessed only minutes prior. The yelling and the flash of green light imprinted on her mind.

He turned his head, his expression of surprise quickly hidden by his usual cold expression. "I suppose you're not happy with me, huh?" He asked, and despite his neutral tone there was an undertone of concern. His grey eyes swept over her face.

She flickered her eyes from the dead body to his eyes. Oh those eyes. She wanted to speak, but her words were caught in her throat.

He turned his gaze on her, cold grey eyes meeting hers. His lips parted; he hesitated, as though trying to search for the right words to say. "Are you going to turn me in?" He asked, and it was plain to see the hint of nervousness in his voice.

"I don't know what to do, you just put me in an awful situation." She ran her hands through her own hair, pulling slightly in stress.

"Just keep it between us, love," he told her, and reached out - touching her hair ever so carefully. It was as soft as he'd imagined, and the way she pulled it slightly made him shiver.

It was hard to focus on what he was saying; her body so close he felt like he could melt.

She looked over his shoulder at the body once more. "What are you going to do with him?"

"Dumped in the river, of course," he answered quickly, a hint of nonchalance hidden in his voice as he regarded Alastor's fallen body, expression unchanging. He glanced back at her, expression questioning. "What, you thought I'd turn him into a trophy? Keep him as a pet?"

She smacked his arm. "Do you have no respect? You just killed him for trying to take you away." She stated as if it was the most usual thing.

"I'm not going to be sent to Azkaban," he hissed, his expression cold as he glared at her. "Not for doing the Dark Lord's bidding."

He looked away from her, and his expression softened ever so slightly as he regarded the body once more. He knelt beside it, his hands lingering on the Auror's wand. "He was a decent dueller, I suppose." She glared holes into his back. He was insane.

He looked over his shoulder, a wry smirk appearing on his lips at the sight of her glare.

"Would you like to help me dump the body?" He asked, his tone teasing, though his offer was genuine. It seemed as though he was trying to play it off as a joke, and yet his expression was serious.

She let out a scoff. "I'm not going to help you do your dirty work, I'm not letting you drag me down with you."

"It's too late for that, my dear. You're guilty by association," he mused, a smile on his lips.

She growled to herself. "I'm going to obliviate myself". Tom scoffed, "Don't be stupid, you can't obliviate yourself! You could accidentally erase your entire mind!"

She huffed. "I hate this... and I hate you." She moved towards him to help him.

"Don't tell me you're going soft for me now," came his haughty retort.